What is censorship? Trump is a clown but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
maybe. Probably. But my point is that they deserve to be shut down for things like organizing terror.
The FBI should track these people down and send them to gitmo.

Gitmo should be shut down ADX is a perfectly acceptable alternative for both current gitmo residents and those who conspired over through the government but that's neither here or there.

@Norm

Can you ban users for misspelling "Parler?" Asking for Quasi, my Low IQ anon friend, who gives me all my political information. Please come write the answer in chalk on the street down in the hood.

No, what if he wants to expand the words to like succeed?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Anyway, social media is a cancer, once we got away from myspace and people learning html to make dope pages we were doomed.

I find it comical at best with trump being removed but where is the balance between public companies refusing service legitimately and illegitimately.

Violate the terms is what trump has done so out he goes as should any of us. He wasn't banned for being anything but a bad user, step back and be objective. I've been banned from facebook, xbox live, the rockaway mall and several forums, I was fully aware of what I was doing and it was worth it. 10/10 would get banned again. If trump didn't want to get dropped all he had to do is play by the rules, even isis could do it.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So yeah, as @Norm and others have pointed out,
he has a whole frickin communications department at his disposal.
It is telling that shutting a single platform to him equates to silencing him.

Personally I don't like that it has come to this, but as someone posted here,
lots of cracks in many systems have come to light over the past few years.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Anyway, social media is a cancer, once we got away from myspace and people learning html to make dope pages we were doomed.

I find it comical at best with trump being removed but where is the balance between public companies refusing service legitimately and illegitimately.

Violate the terms is what trump has done so out he goes as should any of us. He wasn't banned for being anything but a bad user, step back and be objective. I've been banned from facebook, xbox live, the rockaway mall and several forums, I was fully aware of what I was doing and it was worth it. 10/10 would get banned again. If trump didn't want to get dropped all he had to do is play by the rules, even isis could do it.

Impressive. @Norm must be too lenient here.

goldsbar

Corporations are "people" under the law according to the Supreme Court. Except, of course, when it comes to going to jail and those sorts of things. They get the best of both worlds. While the first amendment doesn't apply to private corporations, those same handful of private corporations have a monopoly on much of the speech. Ignoring the Trump debacle for a minute, last thing anyone should want is for FB, Twitter and now Amazon telling you who you can listen to.

roc

. I've been banned from facebook, xbox live, the rockaway mall and several forums, I was fully aware of what I was doing and it was worth it. 10/10 would get banned again. If trump didn't want to get dropped all he had to do is play by the rules, even isis could do it.
Absolutely need the details on a banning from the mall. But, you may also want to reconsider your actions in the future. I've met a ton of assholes who have never been banned from the mall!! Just sayin'

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have come to the conclusion that any social media larger than MTBNJ or Ridemonkey is pathological. On smaller forums, individuals can and do moderate content reasonably. It doesn't work when scaled up to large staffs and/or artificial "intelligence".

There are really only two things I ask -

Countering the opinion of another person is ok, bring your A game. Don't attack the person.
Our commonality dwarfs our differences. (i wish that made a better acronym)

Use of misogynistic, misandric, homophobic, and racists (etc) slang/slurs really set me off.
Even as adults - we can claim we mean one thing (and we do in most cases) but the words are heard by others,
especially children, and misinterpreted. We can't stop thinking a certain way until we stop talking a certain way.

Also, We really can't let a group organize something illegal on here. Even in protest.
But it is a good place to vent - about bike stuff.

BPaze

Absolutely need the details on a banning from the mall. But, you may also want to reconsider your actions in the future. I've met a ton of assholes who have never been banned from the mall!! Just sayin'
I mean I got banned from a mall once for running up the down escalator somewhere in NY when I was 12, but I am suspecting it is more exciting than that and I didnt really care because it was some mall in the middle of God knows where NY while at a soccer tournament.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
What still amazed me in this whole fiasco, is that Trump got banned from Twitter. His brain must be exploding. And for him to say he has no way to communicate Is BS. Up to him, presidents have been communicating fine w/o twitter.

roc

What still amazed me in this whole fiasco, is that Trump got banned from Twitter. His brain must be exploding. And for him to say he has no way to communicate Is BS. Up to him, presidents have been communicating fine w/o twitter.
I wonder how many people are still employed, because he can’t fire anyone on Twitter. You know he’s losing the rest of his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom