Raritan 911: Robocop

rlb

Got pulled over on 287 yesterday morning for 82 in a 65. It's about time, and I'm surprised it took me this long to get nailed. Since Halloween I've been driving Bridgewater-Morristown-Bridgewater every morning to take my kid to daycare. Let's just say 82 counts as "watching my speed and keeping it reasonable" with the current traffic volume. The real surprise was that he even bothered to pull me over for 82 mph. Just wait another 30 seconds and someone will come by at 90+. It's not like I came through the area solo, I was just the last guy in line in the left lane so I was the unlucky customer.

Trooper was nice enough to give me failure to obey a traffic sign, $55 and no points. I thanked him and was on my way, But damn that just reeks of trying to make up for lost revenue. Seems like $55 is the perfect sweet spot to rake in that cash without pissing the people off too much. There's usually someone pulled over in that same area every morning when I pass.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Got pulled over on 287 yesterday morning for 82 in a 65. It's about time, and I'm surprised it took me this long to get nailed. Since Halloween I've been driving Bridgewater-Morristown-Bridgewater every morning to take my kid to daycare. Let's just say 82 counts as "watching my speed and keeping it reasonable" with the current traffic volume. The real surprise was that he even bothered to pull me over for 82 mph. Just wait another 30 seconds and someone will come by at 90+. It's not like I came through the area solo, I was just the last guy in line in the left lane so I was the unlucky customer.

Trooper was nice enough to give me failure to obey a traffic sign, $55 and no points. I thanked him and was on my way, But damn that just reeks of trying to make up for lost revenue. Seems like $55 is the perfect sweet spot to rake in that cash without pissing the people off too much. There's usually someone pulled over in that same area every morning when I pass.

local cop on 287 between mt airy and n maple?

y u no waze?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
popular spot - surprised at the choice of ticket.
put money in the local PAL or PBA for the break!

39:4-215
39:4-56

We were issuing a bunch of 4-215 (fail to follow traffic regulatory sign), but our prosecutor told us it's only during declared state of emergency, so we switched to 4-56 (creating the risk of a collision). Also $55 and no such state of emergency declaration stipulation. Everything else was quietly jacked up to $188. No prosecutor will tell me what to do!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been remiss on stories lately. Partially because I'm focused on the finish line and partially due to COVID-19 depression. The job has gotten fairly boring to be honest. Cold, dark nights with very little traffic out. Domestics are up but not much else going on.

We did deal with a few frequent fliers this week.

One of our residents scraped along the wall of the McDonalds drive through getting his dollar menu burger the other night after hitting the liquor store. He was banged up, and banged up his pick up. He left and the McDonalds employee called him in as a DWI. He was stopped as he pulled into his driveway and arrested. I think that's his 4th DWI in about 18 months.

One of our entertaining females likes to smoke K2 Spice synthetic marijuana and go on tirades. She is about 250 pounds so it's always "all hands on deck" in case she decides to fight. Last night, she walked out with 2 packs of cigarettes without paying. Then stood outside the store (7-11) and lit up her free cigarettes. Employee called in the shoplifting and she's still standing there when we arrived. She went into custody peacefully, but during processing, she decided to get undressed. Down to her skivvies and sports bra. So be it. While her paperwork was being typed up, she pulled out a joint and lighter from her sports bra and started smoking in the processing room. We let her get a few good puffs in before we took it from her, hoping it would calm her down. If you are going to get the charges, you might as well get to enjoy it, right? Oh she's also madly in love with Officer Dominican Millennial, so anytime he's around, she is easier to deal with.

A few summers ago she called 9-1-1 to report a robbery. She sold some weed to a dude who didn't pay her (he grabbed it and ran) so she called it in. I'll miss her antics.

*Patrol Lieutenant offered to allow me to work any hours I want during March; I think I'll remain with my shift out of principle

*Remaining comp time submitted for payment, which should happen in February.

*Terminal leave submitted and approved. Very strange to see my time bank zeroed out with no sick time left. I still have a few vacation days to play with, but it looks like April 2 is my last day. April 2 is also Good Friday and a holiday for us, so I'll make double-time to clean out my locker!

*Might be just in time because my back has been killing me lately. Severe radiating pain down my left leg. Riding the stationary bike has only made it worse, so resting for now. No trauma that I know of so hopefully it passes soon.

w_b

I've been remiss on stories lately. Partially because I'm focused on the finish line and partially due to COVID-19 depression. The job has gotten fairly boring to be honest. Cold, dark nights with very little traffic out. Domestics are up but not much else going on.

One of our residents scraped along the wall of the McDonalds drive through getting his dollar menu burger the other night after hitting the liquor store. He was banged up, and banged up his pick up. He left and the McDonalds employee called him in as a DWI. He was stopped as he pulled into his driveway and arrested. I think that's his 4th DWI in about 18 months.

One of our entertaining females likes to smoke K2 Spice synthetic marijuana and go on tirades. She is about 250 pounds so it's always "all hands on deck" in case she decides to fight. Last night, she walked out with 2 packs of cigarettes without paying. Then stood outside the store (7-11) and lit up her free cigarettes. Employee called in the shoplifting and she's still standing there when we arrived. She went into custody peacefully, but during processing, she decided to get undressed. Down to her skivvies and sports bra. So be it. While her paperwork was being typed up, she pulled out a joint and lighter from her sports bra and started smoking in the processing room. We let her get a few good puffs in before we took it from her, hoping it would calm her down. If you are going to get the charges, you might as well get to enjoy it, right? Oh she's also madly in love with Officer Dominican Millennial, so anytime he's around, she is easier to deal with.

A few summers ago she called 9-1-1 to report a robbery. She sold some weed to a dude who didn't pay her (he grabbed it and ran) so she called it in. I'll miss her antics.

*Patrol Lieutenant offered to allow me to work any hours I want during March; I think I'll remain with my shift out of principle

*Terminal leave submitted and approved. Very strange to see my time bank zeroed out with no sick time left. I still have a few vacation days to play with, but it looks like April 2 is my last day. April 2 is also Good Friday and a holiday for us, so I'll make double-time to clean out my locker!

*Might be just in time because my back has been killing me lately. Severe radiating pain down my left leg. Riding the stationary bike has only made it worse, so resting for now. No trauma that I know of so hopefully it passes soon.
That’s gold. Missed them and thank you!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will truly miss the stories, too bad no one else can pick up the baton. Maybe High School security can offer even better stories, lol. Good luck Carson, your a good cop and I'm sure you'll land with a solid future for yourself. Thank you for sharing.

rick81721

Lothar

Great stories. The last few months will fly by. Hey what's the dealio with weed now in nj? Totally legal except when driving??

PS hitting Mecum Kissimmee tomorrow. Hoping to see some awesome cars

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Damn, I never even got to drop your name to get out of anything. Send me your schedule for the remaining time, maybe I'll go on a mini crime spree. :banana:

Seriously, thanks for the service and great luck in whatever you do next. I still want a ride in the GT3 once the Covid crap is over.

Top Bottom