6 Mile Run Conditions

WJF

JORBA resources at work late today, trails are still slick from all the rain this week.

AD057992-2F7C-4C3D-B32E-C5E686E474D8.jpeg
36084778-676E-459D-A108-ECB454455175.jpeg
CBC25C8A-8E6F-4E43-BAD5-544DA4EBF4D6.jpeg
39BC8501-538D-4E10-9F95-5992E2B82560.jpeg

Today was my second ever ride at Six Mile. You guys do a tremendous job taking care of that place!
And who built those bridges!?!?!
Thank you for all the hard work, please share a post when you do trail maintenance and I will lend a hand if possible.
I have some pressure treated lumber stashed in the back yard, 4x4, 2x6 and some ¾" plywood. If whoever maintains the place is interested, please let me know.
One request....could you install squirrel and chipmunk crossings? I definitely got a squirrel and I missed about a dozen others....the chipmunks are much quicker...

Oh, and how does anyone ride there on the weekend? I crossed paths with only 3 or 4 other MTBs and I can't imagine what the weekends look like!!

Thanks again!

Great trail system!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Today was my second ever ride at Six Mile. You guys do a tremendous job taking care of that place!
Thank you for all the hard work, please share a post when you do trail maintenance and I will lend a hand if possible.
I have some pressure treated lumber stashed in the back yard, 4x4, 2x6 and some ¾" plywood. If whoever maintains the place is interested, please let me know.
One request....could you install squirrel and chipmunk crossings? I definitely got a squirrel and I missed about a dozen others....the chipmunks are much quicker...

Oh, and how does anyone ride there on the weekend? I crossed paths with only 3 or 4 other MTBs and I can't imagine what the weekends look like!!

Thanks again!

Great trail system!

I'm glad you enjoyed it - it takes a village, but as far as the bridges - if they are arched with trusses, Mr X did the design, and build of the trusses - he is a mystery man that we are in debt to! The install is lead by @jdog, proprietor of Halter's Cycles. He holds a forestry degree, and has built a significant amount of trust with the land managers. Then there are the minions - and we are many!

Weekends right now are so crowded with hikers, that it is hard to get a good flow going.
Hit me up during the week, I'll ride!

Deamon59

Thanks again!

Great trail system!
Weekends have definitely been busier this season. I generally move over if there's space and/or i don't have right of way. This goes double now with COVID because so many people lack situational awareness and think being on the trail and leaning a bit away is enough room for the other person to pass them...

manny0311

Just got back from a canal side loop. Loving the work on blue. Feels like it was done very recently. Lots of riders today. Only came across one hiker.

ekuhn

Blue is already starting to be ridden in...like a roller coaster. Close to 1.5 miles of cleaned up trail by @jdog!

Concrete bridge is going to need some continual maintenance, leaves and beaver sticks are in force. It was flowing great on Monday and tonight it was almost crested. I got as much as I could. The hidden rake helped too...glad I remembered it. Need some more tools and hands to fully get it clean. I got the water down about 16” from the 75% I was able to clear.

39D766B0-9F0D-4237-9C28-E8B0133FFEF9.jpeg

EB1D85A9-0989-475F-864A-81B96B9DEF44.jpeg

DC70FF6F-7D01-4F20-9689-B4FAC3C74952.jpeg

jklett

I haven't been in a few weeks, the new stuff is really fun. Thanks for all the hard work! Conditions were pretty much perfect this morning too, happiness all around!

The Kalmyk

Tg
Blue is already starting to be ridden in...like a roller coaster. Close to 1.5 miles of cleaned up trail by @jdog!

Concrete bridge is going to need some continual maintenance, leaves and beaver sticks are in force. It was flowing great on Monday and tonight it was almost crested. I got as much as I could. The hidden rake helped too...glad I remembered it. Need some more tools and hands to fully get it clean. I got the water down about 16” from the 75% I was able to clear.

View attachment 141129

View attachment 141130

View attachment 141131
This had been an issue since before Jdog worked at 6mile. Good luck

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Building and elevated wood bridge on top or spanning it sound good yet?

Feeling that is the way to go, but some of it will need to be demo'd otherwise it will just clog again, which contributes to the widening.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions