MTB Adventure/Overlanding Rigs

Rogers

Now that sir is a sexy sprinter. Love those Revels. May need a tour if I ever bump into ya.

Thank you. I was really bummed when Ford discontinued the Econoline van. I had planned on getting a classic Sportsmobile forever. I even visited their factory in Indiana. How is the Quigley conversion? Any problems with it?

Last edited:

jredone

Thank you. I was really bummed when Ford discontinued the Econoline van. I had planned on getting a classic Sportsmobile forever. I even visited their factory in Indiana. How is the Quigley conversion? Any problems with it?

Once I did some suspension work I’m very happy with the Quigley set up. From the factory they definitely do not ride the greatest but a company called Agile off road makes a custom valved fox kit that took care of that. They make a ton of stuff for your van as well if ever looking to upgrade some suspension stuff.

Rogers

Once I did some suspension work I’m very happy with the Quigley set up. From the factory they definitely do not ride the greatest but a company called Agile off road makes a custom valved fox kit that took care of that. They make a ton of stuff for your van as well if ever looking to upgrade some suspension stuff.
Funny you mention Agile Offroad. I have been talking to Main Line Overland in PA to put on an Agile RIP (Ride Improvement Package). Same thing custom tuned Fox shocks. Although there are supply chain issues right now and they are using Bilstein for the front. So I have to call Agile to see when they will have Fox front shocks back in stock. The factory Revel rides okay but the rear end sags and the wind sway is pretty bad. I have heard that the Agile RIP mod is well worth the money. The Revel is over 9,000lbs and the stock MB Sprinter suspension in my opinion isn't very good for what the van was designed for.

jredone

Funny you mention Agile Offroad. I have been talking to Main Line Overland in PA to put on an Agile RIP (Ride Improvement Package). Same thing custom tuned Fox shocks. Although there are supply chain issues right now and they are using Bilstein for the front. So I have to call Agile to see when they will have Fox front shocks back in stock. The factory Revel rides okay but the rear end sags and the wind sway is pretty bad. I have heard that the Agile RIP mod is well worth the money. The Revel is over 9,000lbs and the stock MB Sprinter suspension in my opinion isn't very good for what the van was designed for.

Yup the Agile RIP kit was a game changer. Good company to deal with as well, should definitely cure the issues you’re having.

Top Bottom