Clowns abound

Sendit88

I've racked my brain over the last 36 hours or so trying to think of ways to educate the hordes of beginners, and seemingly seasoned riders of proper trail etiquette, and I'm at a loss.

I went Sunday to walk the lower part of blue (the bad parts) to see what shape it was in to maybe ride the afternoon and I was blown away with what I saw/heard. Not only were there tons of people riding that clearly had no idea of the sport on everything from full dh rigs to dicks sportinggoods cruisers (which is fine in the sense that everyone starts somewhere and they simply may not actually know any better) but there were plenty of people with legitimate mtb's and the skills to boot.

The latter group wouldn't have even been that bad if it wasn't for many of them blowing right through the mud pit between the bridge and where blue and red meet. Somebody put a 2x6 there to cross and yet some still chose to go right through the mud or even worse tried to go around it.

I've tried to do my part of clearing trails of logs, trash, and blocking off the exponentially growing number of "cut off" paths that bypass existing sections, but this is all minor compared to the level of work some of you have done to make it what it is, and I'M frustrated. I cant imagine how you all feel.

I'm sure I'm voicing what has already been said on here or over beers after rides, but I just wish there was more that could be done to curtail the uneducated masses.

FWIW
Cheers

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
1600122768736.png

Do not let other's actions get you upset for no real reason.
We just keep doing what we are doing, and 1,000s of people are happier because of it.
Thanks for doing your part! That made me happy.

GTCHAMPION1

6-Mile is basically unrideable at this point. I was there on Labor Day and felt like killing myself halfway through the loop. I think you have to go early in the AM.
Yup a lot of rude people on that day, but also a lot of nice people, finding a parking spot was a hustle

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I've racked my brain over the last 36 hours or so trying to think of ways to educate the hordes of beginners, and seemingly seasoned riders of proper trail etiquette, and I'm at a loss.

I went Sunday to walk the lower part of blue (the bad parts) to see what shape it was in to maybe ride the afternoon and I was blown away with what I saw/heard. Not only were there tons of people riding that clearly had no idea of the sport on everything from full dh rigs to dicks sportinggoods cruisers (which is fine in the sense that everyone starts somewhere and they simply may not actually know any better) but there were plenty of people with legitimate mtb's and the skills to boot.

The latter group wouldn't have even been that bad if it wasn't for many of them blowing right through the mud pit between the bridge and where blue and red meet. Somebody put a 2x6 there to cross and yet some still chose to go right through the mud or even worse tried to go around it.

I've tried to do my part of clearing trails of logs, trash, and blocking off the exponentially growing number of "cut off" paths that bypass existing sections, but this is all minor compared to the level of work some of you have done to make it what it is, and I'M frustrated. I cant imagine how you all feel.

I'm sure I'm voicing what has already been said on here or over beers after rides, but I just wish there was more that could be done to curtail the uneducated masses.

FWIW
Cheers

6mr is certainly a victim of it’s own success.

I am pretty concerned about what the fall/mud season may bring. At this point I tell anyone who may listen to avoid the park on weekends and holidays.

closing down shortcuts and picking up trash is something that has become a big part of every outing.

im pretty sure that things will go back to normal once c-19 truly passes.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions