• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yea but honestly ebikes should not just be used by anyone. You need to have some experience with riding at higher speeds with two wheels wether that be human or motor powered.
This was exactly my thought when I first tried a pedal assist CitiBike.
Recipe for disaster.

If you can’t get it to 20mph under your own power, you probably can’t manage it when it does.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure where/how they got this information, but you can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.

"Stop the presses, here's a big issue: The safety of e-bikes splashed all over the front pages after someone famous, namely Simon Cowell, was injured in a fall. Serious and concerning questions are raised by ABC"

"There is only one problem with both of these headlines and stories: Simon Cowell wasn't riding an e-bike. He was riding a Swind EB-01. which is a very different thing – it is an electric motorcycle."

Mahnken

Not sure where/how they got this information, but you can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.

"Stop the presses, here's a big issue: The safety of e-bikes splashed all over the front pages after someone famous, namely Simon Cowell, was injured in a fall. Serious and concerning questions are raised by ABC"

"There is only one problem with both of these headlines and stories: Simon Cowell wasn't riding an e-bike. He was riding a Swind EB-01. which is a very different thing – it is an electric motorcycle."
Haha, I read what kind of bike he was on yesterday and thought, no wonder he broke his back.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We sold 2 Turbo Levos to teenage girls to ride around town yesterday. I didn't want to bring up that it might be a little too much bike for fear of getting Karened but, no good can come of an 80 pound kid doing 20+ MPH through busy Summit streets.

Reactions: don

mtn

We sold 2 Turbo Levos to teenage girls to ride around town yesterday. I didn't want to bring up that it might be a little too much bike for fear of getting Karened but, no good can come of an 80 pound kid doing 20+ MPH through busy Summit streets.
How do teenagers have the money for those? Next time please sell them an XL so at least it’ll be my size when it pops up on fb marketplace.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do teenagers have the money for those? Next time please sell them an XL so at least it’ll be my size when it pops up on fb marketplace.

you missed the undertones there, they live in summit, so daddy is buying it for them, this way he his staff doesnt have to shuttle them around in the BMW

Reactions: mtn

Ian F

I saw what looked like a kid to me on a Trek e-bike at 6MR yesterday. BMW SUV w/ NJ plates.

I can't imagine lugging one of those beasts over some of the downed trees on the trails...

Captain Brainstorm

Up in VT this week, I watched a guy almost bust his ass crossing the street, he hit a small bump where the trail meets the pavement and almost lost control as he started pedaling. Looked like that pedal assist kicked in pretty fast. Was on a Specialized. People who don't know how to ride, on e-bikes, what can go wrong?

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Me too! I had a 1980 Saab 900 5 door Turbo in college. I wouldn't mind having an SPG one day ;)

Is this the Clarkson/May video you are talking about?

The "Turbo Sunglasses" conversation might have been clipped. Or it might even be a different episode. I went looking through all the old Top Gear episodes I found on YouTube for it. The only result I have is that I now want a Dacia Sandero.

• Haha

don

The "Turbo Sunglasses" conversation might have been clipped. Or it might even be a different episode. I went looking through all the old Top Gear episodes I found on YouTube for it. The only result I have is that I now want a Dacia Sandero.

Man those guys were funny! If you come across it please post - I think people would like the whole Turbo term bit of it :D

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Man those guys were funny! If you come across it please post - I think people would like the whole Turbo term bit of it :D
I'll post it when I find it.
That TURBO sunglasses marketing jokemust have been a bigger Top Gear gag than I thought. I found that Amazon sells Top Gear TURBO sunglasses.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG

The complete unedited Top Gear Saab retrospective can be found in Top Gear Season 18 Episode 5, starting around minute 41.
The discussion about the Saab Turbos popularity and the subsequent interjection of the word Turbo into popular 80s marketing culture including sunglass, vacuum cleaners, razors, and aftershave starts several minutes later. I had to investigate later what the Saab "Extra" button does. Its just that, an "Extra" button.

JonF

The complete unedited Top Gear Saab retrospective can be found in Top Gear Season 18 Episode 5, starting around minute 41.
The discussion about the Saab Turbos popularity and the subsequent interjection of the word Turbo into popular 80s marketing culture including sunglass, vacuum cleaners, razors, and aftershave starts several minutes later. I had to investigate later what the Saab "Extra" button does. Its just that, an "Extra" button.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

don

Just caught it on MotorTrend. I forgot how amazing looking the 99 Turbo with Inca wheels is.

And the story about the 9000 is great. My wife had one in college - 5 door turbo. That lag took a bit to get used to but what a great driving car for the time.

Top Bottom