Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I got the mustang mostly back on track after the hydraulic throwout bearing seal failed. Tilton sent me a new one....getting it set up on this car is an absolute ass pain tho....I need a spacer to move the trans back 1/4", so trying to get and measurements from the TOB to the face of the trans is useless until you put the trans in and compress the spacer. Even the face of this trans isnt all that good. At the end of the day, the only proper way I could do it was to install the trans and measure the gap with a feeler guage and go from there. That meant I had to take the trans in and out a number of times, which is really fun

oUYIAww.jpg

E5ncbD2.jpg

it was a pain, but .125 gap +/- .025 on the nose
oIRdrqG.jpg

Windshield is in, rear glass should be done this week...headliner had to be fixed first. Fenders are going on tomorrow.

Put the new wheels on it the other day

v9Gym1k.jpg

Vgdj2Uk.jpg

god am I happy to be done with uni-lug wheels, fuck them with all the fucks
DX0CsnD.jpg

Dingo

Almost there!

Is that a fuel pump on the inner fender, or a vacuum pump for PB?

If the trans is spaced back 1/4 in, isn't the pilot bushing/bearing now not fully engaged by the input shaft?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Almost there!

Is that a fuel pump on the inner fender, or a vacuum pump for PB?

If the trans is spaced back 1/4 in, isn't the pilot bushing/bearing now not fully engaged by the input shaft?
Thats a vacuum pump for the PB....with the cam in this car, the brakes pedal would vary in level of terrifying before this pump. what a difference!

So I checked the wear mark on the input shaft there there should still be plenty of engagement...seemed to work fine when I tested it out, as in, the transmission didnt leap out of the car. Long term with this set up? going to have to find out I guess. but nothing else seemed to be affected much by the spacer, trans mount still line up, driveshaft had plenty of slack.

Top Bottom