Grease or no grease for dropper post?

EJphotos

About to install a new dropper post on my bike, and I'm getting conflicting info on the internet about grease...so I'll ask here, on the internet.
Should i put grease, carbon paste, or nothing on the seatpost to frame? It's a carbon frame. XFusion dropper post.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used carbon paste on mine mostly so you don't have to over tighten the seat post collar which will bind up the dropper post causing it to extend slowly

this, and for these reasons.

Carbon paste.

lube the pole, not the hole.

1595936587772.png

Last edited:

02camaro

slightly off topic but does carbon paste prevent corrosion/bonding of the dropper to carbon frames?

i recently had to remove a dropper that was seized in a carbon frame, it was a harrowing experience. the dropper was dickered but the frame was fine.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
slightly off topic but does carbon paste prevent corrosion/bonding of the dropper to carbon frames?

i recently had to remove a dropper that was seized in a carbon frame, it was a harrowing experience. the dropper was dickered but the frame was fine.
In theory it should, the mechanic guild seems to be torn on the subject though.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's

It helps but honestly the only way to prevent seized post is to remove it every month or 2 and clean and lube .

EJphotos

In theory it should, the mechanic guild seems to be torn on the subject though.
This is where I started getting mixed/conflicting info on the interwebs.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Carbon paste. It'll scratch the shit out of your nice post though if you care, so don't insert it past how far you need it.

mwlikesbikes

What did you do to remove it? I have a Reverb that’s currently stuck in my carbon Mach 429 frame. I don’t care if I trash the post.

Top Bottom