2020 garden thread

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
couldn't you just install an electric fence around your garden?
Smoked venison... kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Zaskar

I’m not a gardener ...like at all, which is ironic based on the Germanic origins of my last name....and It’s not even garden related per say, but the deer keep eating all my $@&! lily blossoms and the tops of all my hostas and succulents in front of my house. ?

Short of me sitting on my roof with night vision goggles and a cross-bow, does anything work?

I've had success with deer sprays, you just need to keep up with applications. Or fire.

Zaskar

Tomatoes are producing but SLOW to ripen (none yet). To pick or not to pick, that is my question.

rlb

Deer got my cherry tomatoes and also ate the heads off my sunflowers. Bastards. Still some tomatoes left, and probably enough time to bloom more, but it was going good otherwise. I also have some bucket jalapenos and habaneros that are doing well, along with some herbs. Kept it small this year.

ekuhn

First time with the Green Zebra's.

Wasnt sure what to expect, since I wasnt too sure when they are ripe. Think I picked just at the right time. They were just tender and the yellow came through on the stripes. Delicious and not too seedy.

IMG_1903.jpeg

Zaskar

my squashes are not bearing fruit well this year, also very late. But the cucs are going wild
What's that growing up the chix wire?

Mine were going great and then they turned. I thought it was the heat but I don't know, lost two plants.

That's a 🌻 near the fence that has yet to bloom.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
my squashes are not bearing fruit well this year, also very late. But the cucs are going wild
What's that growing up the chix wire?
For whatever reason, I cannot grow squash. I always have issues with that grub that eats the vine from the inside, so I waited waaaay long to plant as I heard warmer soil would help. Started out ok and got one nice size one and then same thing, rotted as the base of the plant. For some reason my cucs died out too. That being said, tomatoes are going wild.

Zaskar

For whatever reason, I cannot grow squash. I always have issues with that grub that eats the vine from the inside, so I waited waaaay long to plant as I heard warmer soil would help. Started out ok and got one nice size one and then same thing, rotted as the base of the plant. For some reason my cucs died out too. That being said, tomatoes are going wild.

I noticed these this morning... could be my issue.

Top Bottom