Wildlife

joshmdean

I had an early morning ride at 6 Mile a few weekends ago and saw lots of rabbits, a few foxes, and a buck.

While riding along the farm I had a rabbit being chased by a Fischer/weasel (I am no expert) coming straight towards me. Once they noticed me the rabbit ran into the field and the Fischer to the woods. I saved the rabbit and ruined breakfast for the fischer.

Jrzjoe

I saw a coyote at six mile maybe five years ago. I was in the hemlock section coming from the field and heading toward Jaques lane. It was running away from me down the trail. At first I thought it was a fox (I’ve seen a bunch at six mile) but noticed how tall it was and when it turned right to dive back into the thicket of hemlock I got it’s profile. Long legs, silver, long bushy tail. Kindof like a small silver German shepherd. I’ve seen them in the pine barrens but never at six mile, although I wasn’t too surprised.

thegock

While riding along the farm I had a rabbit being chased by a Fischer/weasel (I am no expert) coming straight towards me. Once they noticed me the rabbit ran into the field and the Fischer to the woods. I saved the rabbit and ruined breakfast for the fischer.

We saw a mink at Six Mile two years ago in February. May have been that.

bergsnj

So I was riding through a section of trail with tall grass on both sides that was pretty overgrown when it suddenly got a little harder to pedal. I figured i had some grass stuck in the works so i continued to pedal the 5 or 10 feet out of the grass and onto an opening when i saw what i actually had stuck in there......
IMG_6927.PNG

Top Bottom