Sixmile for sale?

w_b

Murphy and the NJ Legislators need to pander to the owners of Liberty National so they can turn sensitive wetlands in Liberty State Park into additional golf holes. So best way is sneak some wording deep in an unrelated bill, then ensure (payoff) the gub to not line item veto it. 6MR and the rest of the state parks ( and the citizens of NJ) are just collateral damage; the Big Wheel has run us over.

Off The Road Again

The paragraph that talks about "reducing maintenance and capital investment backlog" is laughable. Does the state/county maintain 6 mile? Last I knew, @jdog and crew pretty much do all the maintaining, re-builds, re-routes, new bridges, etc. Kinda the same story with almost all trail systems that mtb can ride - mtbers do the vast majority of the work to make the trails fun for all users to enjoy.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
When i read this, it seems they are looking to lease out more land to farmers.
Grasslands must be "kept up" or they revert to forest - basically they need to be 'hayed" a couple times a year.
usually, a farmer will do this for free for the hay, but no doubt the county doesn't know how to do something for free.

Look at the attempts to privatize/monetize JH - doesn't work.

PS - we don't take care of the parking lots or plow. Mike the maintenance guy helps us out whenever he can
(running big equipment) - so they do have costs.

Cassinonorth

Are we really going to start bashing people for feeling safe? C’mon! Any helmet is all we care about. Don’t be a DB

Not bashing. Just found it interesting, didn't expect that when I went. Hey, if they want it, go for it. Far better than no helmet.

NJ Gator

Noticing more full face- I thought COVD related but I think people mount go-pro’s for the perspective shot... I dont film as my regular speed will appear as slow-mo on screen...

bergsnj

No one in their right mind would buy 6 mile. The slightest precipitation renders the soil unstable and unusable for weeks at a time. Surely you could never build on such delicate soil...........just kidding ;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions