If you see down trees

Fat Trout

If you see down trees in North either post up here or PM me and I can try to see that it gets looked in to. Whatever location/ description you can provide is helpful and a picture never hurts if at all possible.

Thanks!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Purple (ditch)
20191007_160108.jpg

Fat Trout

Thanks for your work!
Tks, there are a few of us. Team effort, quietly and with appropriate JORBA provided training and park approvals. Its hard to know whats on every trail so comments help. Its hard to ride everywhere and know everything, one of the reasons the Allamuchy trails are so awesome.

Last edited:

phillychris498

New tree intel:

Big guy down right at the intersection of Ranger (Red blaze) and the connector to Blue that needs a chainsaw.
One down at the top of ice cream, although there is a little less than a foot of room to ride around it as of now.
Making a left onto purple after the short bridge on White on the Stuyestant side, there's a fresh tree down that could be meticulously removed with a handsaw.

I just bought a pocketsaw to contribute more to the AATC (Allamuchy Anti-Tree Coalition).

Fat Trout

Sooo....feel free to not reply but if you see something let me know.....approx how big and where. I'd like to say that generally the cranberry side and tranquility side weren't too bad (driving around) but I imagine there are some things to deal with unfortunately.

phillychris498

Gonna ride today and bring my handsaw (it’s all I got!) anyone ridden mooch north since last Tuesday’s storm and know of trees I could get tonight?

Fat Trout

Gonna ride today and bring my handsaw (it’s all I got!) anyone ridden mooch north since last Tuesday’s storm and know of trees I could get tonight?
White is good from waving willy to waterloo road other than one too large for a hand saw that I still have to get. I cleared a big cluster bang near the white/green intersection sunday evening. I think waving willy is OK. 3 or 4 larger trees to be dealt with on the freakin middle / tranquility side trails according to @Apache1 from what I understand. Ride around and let us know if you find anything. Thanks in advance for any debris or small hand saw stuff you can get!

phillychris498

Did my best to clear large branches and a few smaller downed trees throughout the park on my ride tonight. Ice Cream and Freaking Middle are all clear other than smaller sticks and debris from the storm. X's mark the spots for downed trees that need a chainsaw. Two pictures attached are big trees down on the connector between Freaking Middle and Ice Cream, and another covering one of my favorite rock gardens coming down from white down the Four Bump Bypass. The tree on Lumpy Bumpy is right before the overlook.

1597198644863.png

Fat Trout

Did my best to clear large branches and a few smaller downed trees throughout the park on my ride tonight. Ice Cream and Freaking Middle are all clear other than smaller sticks and debris from the storm. X's mark the spots for downed trees that need a chainsaw. Two pictures attached are big trees down on the connector between Freaking Middle and Ice Cream, and another covering one of my favorite rock gardens coming down from white down the Four Bump Bypass. The tree on Lumpy Bumpy is right before the overlook.

View attachment 136797
Thanks! I had not been down 4 bump bypass but was wondering... I may get that tomorrow and may try to tie lumpy bumpy in on the same effort. tks for the intel.

phillychris498

Thanks! I had not been down 4 bump bypass but was wondering... I may get that tomorrow and may try to tie lumpy bumpy in on the same effort. tks for the intel.
No problem, thanks for all your chainsaw work! Pretty obvious you were hard at work on some of those trees on White. I didn't ride the full four bump bypass... this was my route tonight:

View attachment 136801

I plan on scouting Candy Ass, Rollie Pollie and the rest of the stuyvestant trails later this week to see what's going on over there.

Jrzjoe

Was there Saturday. The most significant obstructions i remember we’re on yellow. Coming from the continental lot about half way up and another significant down tree about 1/3 way down after egg rock.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions