Car-spotting thread

This is nuts....man the fireball that thing would have turned into. But props for doing it in a rental car
Looks like the newer GTC4 Lusso, not the FF. Either way it’s awesome. V12 & 4wheel drive!
I think the FF looks sightly better, but i love both of them...and goddam does that car make a good sound.

I took this for a nice 30-minute test drive today. Almost no options except sport seats, exhaust, and PASM. Sport chrono. It's fast, comfy, and handles great. Very quiet unless at full tilt and a little TOO polished, if anything. I can appreciate the car 100% but I didn't get out of the car saying I HAVE TO HAVE IT. I need to try a Carrera T.

i dont know...for 92k....just looks a little too much like this

atf0nN8.jpg

I took this for a nice 30-minute test drive today. Almost no options except sport seats, exhaust, and PASM. Sport chrono. It's fast, comfy, and handles great. Very quiet unless at full tilt and a little TOO polished, if anything. I can appreciate the car 100% but I didn't get out of the car saying I HAVE TO HAVE IT. I need to try a Carrera T.

what have you tried so far? I'm seriously considering a porsche as the next car, tho won't be for a few years. seems the cayman gt4 rs might be a sweet spot as far as bang for the buck?

Personally, 911s are beautiful but you drive it and it’s like the camry of sports cars (now I’m just talking the base or base-ish ones). It’s really just something beautiful to fuck on. Ive Never drive a cayman but if it’s not a GTS or more track focused I imagine it’s the same feeling. Prove me wrong! Someone on here has a nice cayman. ?

Personally, 911s are beautiful but you drive it and it’s like the camry of sports cars (now I’m just talking the base or base-ish ones). It’s really just something beautiful to fuck on. Ive Never drive a cayman but if it’s not a GTS or more track focused I imagine it’s the same feeling. Prove me wrong! Someone on here has a nice cayman. ?

I"ve never driven one either, but the gt4 rs sounds like a winner. 500 hp, 3000 lbs, NA motor. My biggest concern would be - is it loud enough?? :D

6d214dc6c6e456a797c734ef1ed86188.jpg

what have you tried so far? I'm seriously considering a porsche as the next car, tho won't be for a few years. seems the cayman gt4 rs might be a sweet spot as far as bang for the buck?

14 911 GTS. Decent. Not quick enough. $80ish
14 911 C4S w/ Powerkit. Decent. Not quick enough. Zero interest in AWD. $85ish.
14 GT3. Not blisteringly fast but quick enough. The sounds it makes. I giggled the whole time. PDK only though. $110ish.
19 911 base w/ sport exhaust. Quick enough. Handling great and was very comfy. Too quiet though; needs Fabspeed! $90ish.
16 Cayman GT4. Fun car just not that fast. Long gearing sucks. Also a little too tight for me to be comfy for longer cruises. $85ish.
18 Cayman S. Fun but turbo lag out the ass. Looong gearing. Too small and too expensive for 4-cylinders. $70ish.

I'd like to drive a 18/19 Carrera T but it's probably similar enough to the 911 base Carrera. But who knows.

It really goes to show how happy I am with the M2, however, that a $90K 911 doesn't feel much different. It's a little quicker, a little tighter in the corners, but noticeably more comfy on B roads. The light front end and steering is definitely a different experience.

14 911 GTS. Decent. Not quick enough. $80ish
14 911 C4S w/ Powerkit. Decent. Not quick enough. Zero interest in AWD. $85ish.
14 GT3. Not blisteringly fast but quick enough. The sounds it makes. I giggled the whole time. PDK only though. $110ish.
19 911 base w/ sport exhaust. Quick enough. Handling great and was very comfy. Too quiet though; needs Fabspeed! $90ish.
16 Cayman GT4. Fun car just not that fast. Long gearing sucks. Also a little too tight for me to be comfy for longer cruises. $85ish.
18 Cayman S. Fun but turbo lag out the ass. Looong gearing. Too small and too expensive for 4-cylinders. $70ish.

I'd like to drive a 18/19 Carrera T but it's probably similar enough to the 911 base Carrera. But who knows.

It really goes to show how happy I am with the M2, however, that a $90K 911 doesn't feel much different. It's a little quicker, a little tighter in the corners, but noticeably more comfy on B roads. The light front end and steering is definitely a different experience.

Good intel. Will have to do some test driving when I get closer to pulling the trigger. And at these price points, will take a hard look at the GT500 CFTP and C8 Z06/ZR1, and the M3

This morning: "Hey, new Corvette! Damn...just a 488." :) To be fair, it was white and coming at us. Hides the lines a little.

On the P-car thing. I had an '04 GT3 for a few years. I never really warmed to it. It was awesome when driven completely inappropriately but the rest of the time it was exactly what it was advertised as. A track-ready car with hardly any sound insulation ('so that's what the transaxle sounds like"), no ground clearance, and a super stiff suspension. My friend had a 996TT at the same time and it was just boring. We put a loud exhaust on it (Borla? Billy Boat? I can't recall). Then it was loud and boring. I was pulled over less than a mile from my house after we did the exhaust.

He later picked up a 997.1 GT3 and that was a better compromise between my old car and his old TT (a bit more luxury, sounded better) but it was even lower than my old car which made it a PITA to drive around in. He eventually traded it (with money coming his way) for a C6 Z06 with carbon brakes and various bits that he totally loved and kept for years.

My GT3 became my 360, which I may be buried in. :)

Back
Top Bottom