Poor Tiger Woods....

dualfisted

Got in my first ride in a couple weeks yesterday. As always, it was a great time and an awesome solo weekday ride. Thing I noticed was, Tiger Woods (in particular) seems to be showing a lot of wear in a few places, from what appears to be skidding. Normally I expect wear near the end of fast downhills and such, but some of the affected areas in places where there's just no other line than to try to climb thru these sections that are getting really gouged up. I rode Tiger just a couple weeks ago with Mike 243 and it seemed substantially worse, since then.
Maybe it's just me. Anyone else notice these few sections takin a beating??? Someone may have put something in my Kool-Aid, but I don't have the sudden urge to buy a 29'er, so I figure I'm ok (well, ok by my standards).
I'll hopefully be @ TM this week, if it is this week.
Lates, TJ

Frank

Sasquatch
There has been a lot of skidding all around the park...I guess a bunch of Noobs. As far as wear on Tiger is concerned, when you have trails that are not built with sustainability in mind you will get some nasty wear....especially at Allaire.

I find it difficult to relate the trail damage to the 29ers but I guess your dope is better than mine.;)

Oh, and we do have tm this weekend.:)

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
I have to say that when I went to Allaire a few weeks ago for my first "real" ride there since this time last year, I was suprised at all new root exposure, mostly in TW. Is the weather and use the issue?

Frank

Sasquatch
Tiger woods was a rogue trail. ATUG was asked, by the park, to maintain it a couple of years ago. To properly "repair" the trail a number of re-routes would be required. This would change the flavor of Tiger Woods which I personally would not want and it would start a bunch of whining. Most of the wear is due to poor layout and riding in less than optimal conditions.....it's Tiger Woods.

dualfisted

i hear ya frank

My 29er comment was in relation to my Kool Aid being spiked and how everyone on this site says "drink the kool aid" when someone posts up about whether or not to buy a 29er.
I am a big Tiger Woods fan also, my favorite trail out there, most of which certainly wasn't built with "sustainability" in mind. Hindsight being 20/20 and all I wish we could go back and start Allaire from scratch with solid trailbuilding techniques. However, I do love that place.... Tear,trickle, tear, trickle, etc. I just found it to be UNCOOL that so much damage had occurred in such a short amount of time out there. I'm gonna have to start riding peoples back wheels and givin' them the "Grizzly Adams on Acid guy treatment" when I see them skidding, haha. Cya's sunday.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was out through TW last sunday and noticed that the few places that normally show wear and roots did seem a bit more worn but then again I think TW is on everybody's must ride list at allaire. What pisses me off is on the first set of uphill s's there is a cut thru that takes out maybe 15 foot of trail and no matter how much crap I pile into it "shazam" it gets opened again...I mean it does not even cut out anything that is to hard to ride just makes things straight.. sometimes I just don't get i.. just like Monday night I came out of the trails with 3 empty plastic bottles 4 power bar wrappers and an Arizona ice tea can....well enough bitching see you guys Sunday..

Frank

Sasquatch
Maybe we'll get out there for the Nov. tm and work her a bit. We have done so in the past and someone didn't like what we did. This time we'll fix it and hide some Claymore mines to take out the renegade workers.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
This time we'll fix it and hide some Claymore mines to take out the renegade workers.

nice! nothin' but teeth and eyeballs...

if someone sets them off, you could use the new clearing the claymore leaves as a reroute.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
nice! nothin' but teeth and eyeballs...

if someone sets them off, you could use the new clearing the claymore leaves as a reroute.
Ok... So now I know how the drop in at the end of the blind trial/start of newer orange trail was created...:)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Hindsight being 20/20 and all I wish we could go back and start Allaire from scratch with solid trailbuilding techniques. However, I do love that place.....

TW can not be duplicated, the guy who built it was just that smart. Imagine laying down that work with only a few people.

don

TW can not be duplicated, the guy who built it was just that smart. Imagine laying down that work with only a few people.

If one of the builders is who I think it is, he's up in VT doing more of the same. I saw him at a LBS up there this summer.

dualfisted

great ideas....

U bring the claymores, I'll bring the Bouncin' Betties.... bye bye trail poachers and destroyers. The imminent threat of explosives use really gets the post count rollin upward, haha.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions