Chimney Rock Wed 10/15

Panhead

Heading over to CR for my first time. Looking for a good loop or someone to lead. Probably looking at 10-15 miles. Heading out around 2:30.

The Kalmyk

Heading over to CR for my first time. Looking for a good loop or someone to lead. Probably looking at 10-15 miles. Heading out around 2:30.

I ride there every Wednesday...Juat a little later than your start time...4pm if you can wait that long

Panhead

Hit up CR today, only rode the red and blue trails due to time but had a blast. Kind of like LM and MD. After a month off the bike my lungs weren't to happy but they came around pretty quick. C-bone held up with the fork locked out going to give it a few more weeks before I'm back on the rigid. next time I have an afternoon to kill I think it will be a 6 mile/CR day.
Oh yeah- where is this Chimney Rock rock?

Last edited:

MTBTyler

Hit up CR today, only rode the red and blue trails due to time but had a blast. Kind of like LM and MD. After a month off the bike my lungs weren't to happy but they came around pretty quick. C-bone held up with the fork locked out going to give it a few more weeks before I'm back on the rigid. next time I have an afternoon to kill I think it will be a 6 mile/CR day.
Oh yeah- where is this Chimney Rock rock?
Thats a Great question, i looked it up and couldnt find anything. haha

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Other side of where you were Panhead, across Chimney Rock Road.

scotth

Had a good ride this afternoon at chimney Rock. Thanks to Spencer, Mike, Warcricket, Manny and Woody for going easy on me. Does anyone know how many miles we rode tonight?

Scott

THATmanMANNY

I did enjoy indeed but very loose conditions :(

Scott: Man what are you talking about you did fine! I felt spent!

woody

yea ate that up with a rigid no less and a 90's 26er :drooling:....

I like his style tho hehe

Who'd have thought...just be a stubbord tightwad for long enough, and eventually your old junk becomes 'stylish'.:hmmm:

Chimney Rocks are perfectly ripe & tasty this time of year - who can resist eating at least a few?!

That was Good Times yesterday! Good to meet (or re-meet) you guys - I'll definitely try to get out of work early on Wednesdays & link up with y'all more often...

MTB Aussie

Who'd have thought...just be a stubbord tightwad for long enough, and eventually your old junk becomes 'stylish'.:hmmm:

Chimney Rocks are perfectly ripe & tasty this time of year - who can resist eating at least a few?!

That was Good Times yesterday! Good to meet (or re-meet) you guys - I'll definitely try to get out of work early on Wednesdays & link up with y'all more often...
Or come later... just remember a light in case you get stuck with a mechanical and end up in the woods after dark.

MTB Aussie

Rerun

Anyone want to do a rerun of last Wednesday? Start riding around 5:30, it gets dark quick and we need to wrap up by 30 mins past sunset according to the rules. You will need a light for these dusk conditions, and especially if we get delayed due to a mechanical or two. It's going to be cool that time of night so be prepared to keep moving at a decent pace.

VanDbtRiver

Anyone want to do a rerun of last Wednesday? Start riding around 5:30, it gets dark quick and we need to wrap up by 30 mins past sunset according to the rules. You will need a light for these dusk conditions, and especially if we get delayed due to a mechanical or two. It's going to be cool that time of night so be prepared to keep moving at a decent pace.

today or tomorrow?

Top Bottom