Is strava going from suck to blow?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I've been annoyed by that problem recently too. I think I found a solve but haven't tested it yet. In your phone's location settings, turn OFF "allow wifi for better location accuracy"
Got out for my first ride since switching that GPS setting and it seems to have eliminated the random jumps. Though i somehow KOMed a segment at LewMo that i'm pretty sure isn't real. I was pushing it a little bit but not enough to cut my previous PR time by more than half. Oh well, i'll take it! :shrug:?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Actually, Under Armour broke MMR, but I’ll take the credit. ?

I decided to pay for Strava. I figure for all they’ve given me for free for the last I don’t even know how many years, I should give something back. It’s a great service and without going to deep in the weeds here, there will basically be two revenue models moving forward across the internet: paid or selling your data/privacy for advertising.

Welcome to the new world order.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Today was the first time I noticed the change, for as many segments that I have chased, still not ready to pony up.

rick81721

Lothar
Today was the first time I noticed the change, for as many segments that I have chased, still not ready to pony up.

I haven't been following this - what happens, non premium members get excluded from segment rankings or you just can't see them?

02camaro

i use the "elevate" add-on for chrome, it integrates into strava and shows where you rank on a segment without having to click on the segment. that may be a work around for non premium users, i cant test because i am a premium user. you have to use a web browser though. there are also a bunch of other cool features and metrics that it integrates right into the web browser, worth a check out for everyone.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Got out for my first ride since switching that GPS setting and it seems to have eliminated the random jumps. Though i somehow KOMed a segment at LewMo that i'm pretty sure isn't real. I was pushing it a little bit but not enough to cut my previous PR time by more than half. Oh well, i'll take it! :shrug:?
and after today's hike it appears i have NOT solved the GPS problem. Will try turning off the bluetooth location accuracy helper too and see if that does it. It only happens when I stop moving though.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
and after today's hike it appears i have NOT solved the GPS problem. Will try turning off the bluetooth location accuracy helper too and see if that does it. It only happens when I stop moving though.

turn off autopause?

@jmanic city rides used to look like this - i think he intentionally paused his device while on the train,
then started again -

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
turn off autopause?

@jmanic city rides used to look like this - i think he intentionally paused his device while on the train,
then started again -
True, the giraffe gps art commute.
But I’ve had a few of these glitches lately without the train.

Top Bottom