Salsa Pro Moto Carbon Flat Bar 11 D

scalpel6

On Jdogs rec I picked up the Salsa Pro Moto for my C-Dale F29. What a difference the flat bar makes compared to my OLD Easton Monkeylite Riser.
The bike handled well before but now the bike snaps though turns. :getsome:

If you ride a 29er give Salsa a shot.

Thanks J

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
On Jdogs rec I picked up the Salsa Pro Moto for my C-Dale F29. What a difference the flat bar makes compared to my OLD Easton Monkeylite Riser.
The bike handled well before but now the bike snaps though turns. :getsome:

If you ride a 29er give Salsa a shot.

Thanks J

I'm running the aluminum version of that; love it!

ArmyOfNone

It is a pretty nice piece of bling on my ride as well. I feel I get a bit more leverage and puts me in a nicer position which sitting and climbing.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yet another component that marks the Halters groupies.

I've got one too, of course.:D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
11 or 17 degree.. Moto or Pro Moto? Both Alum, is one worth the extra coin?

I'm thinking about switching out the monkeylite riser to a flat as well.

11D, pro moto flat bar, aluminum...

Dunno' if the carbon fiber version is worth it or not...I have no issues with the aluminum ones.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

Dunno' if the carbon fiber version is worth it or not...I have no issues with the aluminum ones.
Carbon bars definitely have a damping effect.

Particularly when paired with a carbon stem and a carbon fork.

This also produces a wallet-emptying effect.:rolleyes:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

personally, i FEAR the carbon fiber. sure it's all blingy and makes me drool and stuff but i'm not sure it's the best thing for a 200 lb singlespeed masher to use. i could be completely wrong...and if i am someone tell me that. i heart that stuff.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Carbon bars definitely have a damping effect.

Particularly when paired with a carbon stem and a carbon fork.

This also produces a wallet-emptying effect.:rolleyes:

Certainly, I'd consider emptying my wallet for CF bars if I was running rigid in the front...

The Kalmyk

personally, i FEAR the carbon fiber. sure it's all blingy and makes me drool and stuff but i'm not sure it's the best thing for a 200 lb singlespeed masher to use. i could be completely wrong...and if i am someone tell me that. i heart that stuff.

you are completely wrong...i have a ss and wiegh 205 +/- and yes i abuse my bike

Fogerson...Rigid or suspension carbon fiber feels better on the hands than alloy...Agree that it makes more sense with a rigid set-up but with suspension it is complete overkill...I wouldn't have it any other way

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Fogerson...Rigid or suspension carbon fiber feels better on the hands than alloy...Agree that it makes more sense with a rigid set-up but with suspension it is complete overkill...I wouldn't have it any other way

Good to know. I've been wondering how I'm gonna' satisfy my upgrade-itus this winter given that there aren't too many places left to go with the SIR9...at least that is something :D:D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you are completely wrong...i have a ss and wiegh 205 +/- and yes i abuse my bike

seriously? no issues? i'm terrified of snapping one of those things. with all the torque i put on the bars...i dunno. i'm less skeptical now that i've got the shock but still...

The Kalmyk

seriously? no issues? i'm terrified of snapping one of those things. with all the torque i put on the bars...i dunno. i'm less skeptical now that i've got the shock but still...

I torque the daylights out of em...You should have seen me at Allamuchy yesterday...Mate em up with a suspension fork and it they will feel great with all those rocks in North Jersey...

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep

you'll be fine man. If you decide to go the cf route, someone will surely be able to steer you in the right direction. Easton alone makes around 6 or 7 different strength carbon bars. I'm using the monkeylite sl, which are the lightest aside from the ec90 flatbars, but I would suggest something a bit thicker for someone 200lbs. It's nice to shave 1/4lb off the front of the bike and get that combination of stiffness and vibration dampening. I can use the thin esi grips without feeling like I'm holding a jackhammer on bumpy trails.

Top Bottom