Post Your Doggo [woof]

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wish I could say this only happened once, but almost a year to the day since last time. This time was worse since the quills went deep into her leg, vet had to cut her open to remove several below the skin. Now she has a cast, and can’t do her favorite thing, running, til it comes off. The scariest part is you never know if you got all of them. That and seeing the vet bill. View attachment 126890

I've only seen two porcupines in the woods, ever. Your pup is clearly very talented in finding them.

onetracker

I wish I could say this only happened once, but almost a year to the day since last time. This time was worse since the quills went deep into her leg, vet had to cut her open to remove several below the skin. Now she has a cast, and can’t do her favorite thing, running, til it comes off. The scariest part is you never know if you got all of them. That and seeing the vet bill. View attachment 126890
Where do you guys encounter porcupines with some regularity?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Where do you guys encounter porcupines with some regularity?
In my experience minnewaska and Newark watershed. I think there’s a lot out there but you don’t see them during the day (unless your dog tunnels into the rocks and attacks them in their den).

onetracker

Hmm. Good to know. I encountered a couple over the years but was able to call my dog off by some miracle. Hope your pooch feels better soon!!!!!

rlb

New member of the family. We adopted Bailey a week ago. Surprisingly, the cats don't really care.

Enjoy the new family member! We've been looking, but any dogs listed as good w/ kids seem to be adopted before we can get an application in.

kdebello

Enjoy the new family member! We've been looking, but any dogs listed as good w/ kids seem to be adopted before we can get an application in.

Thanks. We probably wouldn't have gotten a puppy but with both kids and my wife home, it seemed like a good time to be able to do it right. St Huberts had 3 puppies arrive late one night. We got one of the first appointments of the next day. Her sister was adopted when we were walking in and her brother was adopted while we were there.

rlb

Thanks. We probably wouldn't have gotten a puppy but with both kids and my wife home, it seemed like a good time to be able to do it right. St Huberts had 3 puppies arrive late one night. We got one of the first appointments of the next day. Her sister was adopted when we were walking in and her brother was adopted while we were there.

Keep forgetting about St Hubert's. We've been working with the Eleventh Hour out of Rockaway. We're potentially going to meet a dog Sunday afternoon, they have a whole bunch coming from GA that morning. Monday should be a shit show if it all works out!

rlb

Welcome home Emmy! She just came up from Georgia this morning, and by 3 pm she was in our car and heading to her new home. Shes super sweet and very excited to be part of a family. She's just about 1.5 years old, and has been in the system for over a year :( A good part of that must have been in a foster home since she has manners and some basic training. Looking forward to working on her skills and making her a part of the family.

IMG_20200503_171317.jpg

And another photo of Stella in her memory. I was avoiding this until I had happier news, but we had to let her go a few weeks ago. She had untreatable cancer that was manageable for a few weeks, but suddenly she took a turn and we knew it was time. You were a good girl Stella, hopefully your catching all the squirrels in your afterlife!
1588554847370.png

jklett

Welcome home Emmy! She just came up from Georgia this morning, and by 3 pm she was in our car and heading to her new home. Shes super sweet and very excited to be part of a family. She's just about 1.5 years old, and has been in the system for over a year :( A good part of that must have been in a foster home since she has manners and some basic training. Looking forward to working on her skills and making her a part of the family.

View attachment 127715

And another photo of Stella in her memory. I was avoiding this until I had happier news, but we had to let her go a few weeks ago. She had untreatable cancer that was manageable for a few weeks, but suddenly she took a turn and we knew it was time. You were a good girl Stella, hopefully your catching all the squirrels in your afterlife!
View attachment 127716
I'm sorry to hear about Stella.

Reactions: rlb

ekuhn

We welcomed Layla to the family just about 3 Weeks ago. She's been a total wholesome delight in this world of unknown. Adopted from Home Free Animal Rescue. Her and her 4 siblings left outside of an Alabama animal shelter. We got her between 10-11 weeks old. Since they don't know the birth date. Believed to be Dutch Shepard mix, but awaiting doggy DNA test.

60911864384__6C592EFC-44DC-4F4C-B4E9-AA08F2C438C0.JPG

IMG_1178.JPG

iman29

Thanks, this is the first time I've had to part with a dog. I didn't think it would be this hard on the family, but we all felt it! I also didn't think we would ever get another dog so quickly, but here we are!
Good for you to adopt a rescue sorry to hear about your other dog. It took me over 5 years to get over my previous dog. Delilah made it to almost 18 years old. And I Still wasn’t really ready but the family (wife) wanted to get one so I caved in 2 years ago but as you maybe have seen Shelby is great.

jklett

Thanks, this is the first time I've had to part with a dog. I didn't think it would be this hard on the family, but we all felt it! I also didn't think we would ever get another dog so quickly, but here we are!
It's never easy losing a friend, anyone who says different isn't human. It's awesome that you were able to give Emmy a home after spending so long in the shelter, I'm looking forward to hearing the stories from the wonderful years to come!

rlb

Good for you to adopt a rescue sorry to hear about your other dog. It took me over 5 years to get over my previous dog. Delilah made it to almost 18 years old. And I Still wasn’t really ready but the family (wife) wanted to get one so I caved in 2 years ago but as you maybe have seen Shelby is great.

Thanks, sad to hear about your lost pup too but it's great that Delilah made it to almost 18, I'm sure it was a great run! All of the dogs in this thread (Shelby included) made it an easier decision to get a new dog sooner than later. I have been feeling some guilt here and there but it helps to see the new pup coming into her own as she warms up to the new home.

IMG_20200504_140629.jpg

Top Bottom