This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Isn't it illegal for a hospital to not take a patient because of insurance?
Also, is it true that your credit is unaffected due to a nonpayment on a hospital bill?

alex_k

It’s almost like our hospital systems have decided that healthcare is a basic human right but our government has a different view. I wonder if there are any good examples of how other countries have approached this issue. I mean besides every other country in the world.
Do you think hospitals are so good guys here? They simply must treat anyone according the federal law. Btw it is one of hidden costs of having millions of illegal aliens in the country.

rustynuts

ok this person sounds like they are in a panic....they are keeping visitors to an absolute minimum...much like even the home depot is doing...Why is that scary? sounds like a good policy in a building full of sick people.

70,000 NJ residents die every year from all things....im not sure how 500 covid deaths is going to cause mass graves to start being dug....and there are alot less people dying from trauma/car accidents, etc right now.

in other news....my wife informed me that there are still patients in the original ICU (morristown now has like 5) who were put in vents several weeks ago who have not come off...this is very unusual as typically patients are only on vents for a few days. They doing their best not to put people on vents and use the rebreathers instead....They are finding that older patients who came in with DNI (do not intubate) orders are in fact doing better with the rebreathers than patients who were put on ventilators.

I do agree with your logic, 191-209 people die, everyday in NJ. In NYC, someone dies every 9 minutes. That doesn't make us lose our minds or stop our lives.

However, I do understand that this is more about the spread of this virus, no great therapeutic treatment for folks who are at risk and when it is affecting and attacking the persons lungs, who are on a ventilator, their doomed. The other health complications folks (diabetes, hypertension) have, smoking cigarettes (who knows about vaping) also make this more complicated. I wonder about the NJ firemen who have passed on and if they have been exposed to smoke (which is prolly an obvious answer), etc.

Dr. Hoetz was on Joe Rogan. He's probably one of the smartest people in our country/world. He is on with Joe for about an hour and he explains everything in layman's terms.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've added a second matrix to the summary page -

the upper one is the day over day % growth (new arrivals as a percentage of total)
This would be compared to an interest rate, if it were money. When the short term rate falls below the long
term rate, number of active cases still grows, until it hits the resolve rate - which we don't know -
Below the resolved rate would mean it is contracting.

The second is comparing the daily new cases to the previous day's new cases.
This is the change in 'arrival rate' - it is all over the place because of reporting differences,
so i'll look to smooth it. a negative number means fewer new cases than the day before.
if it goes to zero, that is linear growth, rather than exponential. Negative would mean contracting.

does that make sense?
Data differences with the source are the result of the source restating results (i can't get to their restatement)
and I've limited to 50 states and D.C.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do agree with your logic, 191-209 people die, everyday in NJ. In NYC, someone dies every 9 minutes. That doesn't make us lose our minds or stop our lives.

However, I do understand that this is more about the spread of this virus, no great therapeutic treatment for folks who are at risk and when it is affecting and attacking the persons lungs, who are on a ventilator, their doomed. The other health complications folks (diabetes, hypertension) have, smoking cigarettes (who knows about vaping) also make this more complicated. I wonder about the NJ firemen who have passed on and if they have been exposed to smoke (which is prolly an obvious answer), etc.

Dr. Hoetz was on Joe Rogan. He's probably one of the smartest people in our country/world. He is on with Joe for about an hour and he explains everything in layman's terms.

Hope everyone is doing okay.
Well specifically I was reacting to the "WE DONT HAVE ROOM IN OUR MORGUES FOR ALL OF THESE DEAD PEOPLE" I just dont feel this is something that we should be reporting to stoke fear and panic in people...im quite certain we will find space for the dead people and they wont be overflowing into the streets.

Mahnken

Well specifically I was reacting to the "WE DONT HAVE ROOM IN OUR MORGUES FOR ALL OF THESE DEAD PEOPLE" I just dont feel this is something that we should be reporting to stoke fear and panic in people...im quite certain we will find space for the dead people and they wont be overflowing into the streets.
They already are overflowing into the streets, they just happen to be putting them into trucks.
Screenshot_20200403-095955.png

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They already are overflowing into the streets, they just happen to be putting them into trucks.
View attachment 124062
what do they normally do with dead people in a hospital? does the helicopter fly each one and air drop them into a funeral home? They leave by car/truck....I guess this looks more scary because people are wearing masks and they are using a truck instead of a hearse.

Fat Trout

View attachment 124062
They are NOT overflowing into the streets. They are being dealt with differently for a very specific reason. Sad as it is there is a process for dealing with dead bodies. However that process isnt set up for people with a contagious disease. that existing setup can't be used the same. Additionally, none of us are looking and taking pictures day to day but some currently as there is a lot of focus on it.

Mahnken

what do they normally do with dead people in a hospital? does the helicopter fly each one and air drop them into a funeral home? They leave by car/truck....I guess this looks more scary because people are wearing masks and they are using a truck instead of a hearse.
My friend picks up bodies for a funeral home in his suburban. Thing is, he gets them from the hospital morgue. Right now, those morgues are full, so the dead bodies are literally overflowing into the streets, into temporary morgues. Maybe that's where the funeral people will pick them up from? I don't know. But I doubt the tractor trailer is there to pick up a body to take to the funeral home.

Fat Trout

My friend picks up bodies for a funeral home in his suburban. Thing is, he gets them from the hospital morgue. Right now, those morgues are full, so the dead bodies are literally overflowing into the streets, into temporary morgues. Maybe that's where the funeral people will pick them up from? I don't know. But I doubt the tractor trailer is there to pick up a body to take to the funeral home.
I wouldn't doubt they are full of covid and non covid bodies. I would imagine there is at the very minimum reluctance of funeral homes to take bodies at the moment that have covid or have been near covid. There could quite possibly be some actual temporary restrictions. Not pleasant either way....something we can all definitely agree on. I have personally seen some really bad things in my life and others have seen worse. I'm always glad to be in my bubble (ie not knowing where bodies go day to day) but in the back of my mind it is out there. Your friend reminds me how there are jobs out there that always fascinate me. I know they exist but I live in my bubble and try not to think about it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Just in general...

the way i saw it is a person in the middle of an onslaught, with standard procedure/protocol, makes the observation that the hospital is running out of morgue space.
do they see refers pulling up to the loading dock? Probably not. I bet they don't like to stack body bags, but they may have to do just that. Only bothers the living people.
dead people go right to funeral homes - hospitals are not where people go to die. 55% are hospice care at home (nj hospice website)

also, i think the 30% of the population is an extrapolation from the positive test rate - I don't think that is a good one, but once again, just like the mail,
it keeps coming every day, more people than yesterday and 30% test positive each day. I hope it isn't 30% in the end, but it could be.

The real fail here is to spread it as a person in panic, rather than an observation of the magnitude of the situation, and stating their
belief/opinion/impression. More than likely the person was making the point to take the situation seriously, and be part of the solution, not
the problem.
----
This is bad, it is nice to have insider affirmation, but I will take it as just that.
we knew we were going to be here 3 weeks ago.
It would really have been a shitshow if we weren't making an attempt at slowing this thing down.

Mahnken

I wouldn't doubt they are full of covid and non covid bodies. I would imagine there is at the very minimum reluctance of funeral homes to take bodies at the moment that have covid or have been near covid. There could quite possibly be some actual temporary restrictions. Not pleasant either way....something we can all definitely agree on. I have personally seen some really bad things in my life and others have seen worse. I'm always glad to be in my bubble (ie not knowing where bodies go day to day) but in the back of my mind it is out there. Your friend reminds me how there are jobs out there that always fascinate me. I know they exist but I live in my bubble and try not to think about it.

Phil Tassi, an officer at Ferncliff Cemetery in Westchester, just north of New York City, said the crematory there usually cremates 12 bodies a day, but on Tuesday it processed 38 before 11 a.m.

“We’re running 16 hours a day, and we’ve hit capacity where we have to set limits because we can’t keep up with the number of bodies coming in,” Mr. Tassi said. “We have never had weeks like this.”

Fat Trout

Phil Tassi, an officer at Ferncliff Cemetery in Westchester, just north of New York City, said the crematory there usually cremates 12 bodies a day, but on Tuesday it processed 38 before 11 a.m.

“We’re running 16 hours a day, and we’ve hit capacity where we have to set limits because we can’t keep up with the number of bodies coming in,” Mr. Tassi said. “We have never had weeks like this.”
Fair enough....but remember...in a normal day not everyone gets cremated. Many want a burial with a casket etc. However as I mentioned Covid is a contagion. Even if not mandated, I'm sure families would decide or more readily agree to cremation because of the contagion.

Fat Trout

also, i think the 30% of the population is an extrapolation from the positive test rate - I don't think that is a good one, but once again, just like the mail,
it keeps coming every day, more people than yesterday and 30% test positive each day. I hope it isn't 30% in the end, but it could be.

Just a thought on this which we all kind of know....and I'm not trying to sugar coat it. BUT.....remember that because of limitations on testing they are only testing people with Covid symptoms that could somewhat be proven or at least they were (not sure). So....of that group, only 30% are positive. That was kind of better than I might have expected. So that number won't go down until we expand testing to include more folks that don't have Covid, the Flu or enough sniffles that they can manage to get themselves a test.

Mahnken

Fair enough....but remember...in a normal day not everyone gets cremated. Many want a burial with a casket etc. However as I mentioned Covid is a contagion. Even if not mandated, I'm sure families would decide or more readily agree to cremation because of the contagion.
They are still doing burials as well. They are also backed up. There's also people waiting for bodies to be released from the hospitals. It's a cluster. The death system is getting just as hammered as the health system.

Fat Trout

They are still doing burials as well. They are also backed up. There's also people waiting for bodies to be released from the hospitals. It's a cluster. The death system is getting just as hammered as the health system.
No doubt it is a cluster, I can agree with you on that. I didn't want to like you post if you know what I mean.

The Kalmyk

I work for a company that imports ingredient from China. Our purchasing manager is Chinese. When this was popping off in China, i heard the same exact story put of her mouth. She claimed to have a family member who worked in a incinerator facility. I could tell she was bullshitting. i told her if my time its my time, lol.

Im not living in fear over this.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
BUT.....remember that because of limitations on testing they are only testing people with Covid symptoms that could somewhat be proven or at least they were (not sure). So....of that group, only 30% are positive.
I wonder how many ppl are faking and lying just to get tested. Its not like ppl are being exactly examined... physically. Mostly telecom interviews lately... no?

Fat Trout

I wonder how many ppl are faking and lying just to get tested. Its not like ppl are being exactly examined... physically. Mostly telecom interviews lately... no?
Yeah I wonder too. the more recent testing was based on more limited test availability and stronger criteria. As it expands there will be less scrutiny I would imagine. The drive through sites say they will turn you away. Having a temperature is a piece of criteria. I imagine that would have been a place for people to "fake" if they didn't have criteria.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yeah I wonder too. the more recent testing was based on more limited test availability and stronger criteria. As it expands there will be less scrutiny I would imagine. The drive through sites say they will turn you away. Having a temperature is a piece of criteria. I imagine that would have been a place for people to "fake" if they didn't have criteria.
From what understand... Temp fluctuates and its not always constant. If the sites are turning away ppl based on temps... Idk

Top Bottom