WTB saddle detached from rails

J-Dro

So today I was 'just riding along' at the Sourlands (not really, I took a 2' sideways fall to the ground. but don't worry, I'm fine, thanks for asking) and after I dusted myself off and tried to ride away, I noticed that my seat had come detached from the rails. The rails don't appear to be bent, but I am nowhere near strong enough to bend those rails enough to get them back into the slots in the saddle.

Anyone ever come across this? Is there a trick to getting it back together? Maybe send it back to WTB so they can use their machine?

Attachments

• broken seat.jpg
    broken seat.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 106
I see I am not the only one breaking things lately :rolleyes:

I can probably bend those since I am STRONG enough to break frames :cool:

i've broken the seat on my skate bike like that.... like this but less rusty.
stuffskatebike.jpg

and on my old diamondback...
i just wound up buying a new one for the bike and pulling one out of a dumpster for the skatebike.

sourlands claimed my brake lever this week too...
n1192095097_146885_9201.jpg

Jeff,

You can send it back to WTB. I have also had luck by clamping the rails in a vice and stetching & flexing the shell enough to get it back on. Requires a decent amount of cursing & sweating, but I have fixed several WTB's this way.

Have fun.

Gary

sourlands claimed my brake lever this week too...
n1192095097_146885_9201.jpg

You fell off that narrow rock bridge between those two huge boulders??? Holy crap dude. Thats gotta be a 6' fall. You better go to church or something because someone up there is looking out for you.

You fell off that narrow rock bridge between those two huge boulders??? Holy crap dude. Thats gotta be a 6' fall. You better go to church or something because someone up there is looking out for you.

it started raining and got slippery... the worst part is i landed on my vertical handlebar and now i have a HUGE bruise on my nether regions.

Jeff,

You can send it back to WTB. I have also had luck by clamping the rails in a vice and stetching & flexing the shell enough to get it back on. Requires a decent amount of cursing & sweating, but I have fixed several WTB's this way.

Have fun.

Gary

Gary, I've already tried the bending in the vice while cursing and swearing trick. No luck. I think I should throw in the towel before I hurt myself and give WTB a call. I have an old spare saddle I can use in the meantime.

Jeff,

Have fun.

Gary

Tony fixed mine this way. Added a bit of shoe glue & it's held since.

Is that really you ??? AHHHH!!!

I had a wtb saddle and had one of the sides completely lose it too. :hmmm:

Back
Top Bottom