Your next bike just got a lot more expensive

TimBay

Call me maybe.
Fun fact. She originally recorded that with basically a pair of mall producers who took a bunch of her money and rights and had to spend a bunch on court fees. She's probably broke.

More importantly, right now might be a good time to hit up your LBS. JDog had some extremely sweet deals for me, but then my wife found out she could be getting laid off next month depending on where things are at...so no dice for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun fact. She originally recorded that with basically a pair of mall producers who took a bunch of her money and rights and had to spend a bunch on court fees. She's probably broke.

More importantly, right now might be a good time to hit up your LBS. JDog had some extremely sweet deals for me, but then my wife found out she could be getting laid off next month depending on where things are at...so no dice for me.

I confess I had no idea who sang that song until a minute ago and I also confess I’ve already forgotten. Something like Rae Dawn Chong but not like that at all. Carly not Simon.

TimBay

I confess I had no idea who sang that song until a minute ago and I also confess I’ve already forgotten. Something like Rae Dawn Chong but not like that at all. Carly not Simon.
Yeah, I just remember it because I cleared it once for an album and the publisher told me the whole story and I felt bad for that kid. The mom paid them like $5k to record her song (that's a lot of money for 1 song by a non-famous studio) and they took all her rights. Just one of the strange things I learned working in the music industry.

Edit: I am curious to see if/how this pandemic might affect 2021 bike pricing. Also, have any of you LBS folks been promoting your availability on local FB groups? Our local brewery has been plastering that ish with their delivery promotion.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yeah, I just remember it because I cleared it once for an album and the publisher told me the whole story and I felt bad for that kid. The mom paid them like $5k to record her song (that's a lot of money for 1 song by a non-famous studio) and they took all her rights. Just one of the strange things I learned working in the music industry.

Edit: I am curious to see if/how this pandemic might affect 2021 bike pricing. Also, have any of you LBS folks been promoting your availability on local FB groups? Our local brewery has been plastering that ish with their delivery promotion.

People are bored enough to find out what's open in town and the make up a reason to be there, I'm not sure anyone who's open needs to advertise or run any deals. It's supply and demand at this point.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
People are bored enough to find out what's open in town and the make up a reason to be there, I'm not sure anyone who's open needs to advertise or run any deals. It's supply and demand at this point.

That's cause you're in Summit. My customers will still give me shit for charging too much to fix their flat while I risk my life to do so.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
That's cause you're in Summit. My customers will still give me shit for charging too much to fix their flat while I risk my life to do so.

We get shit but don't even slightly entertain them. This is what it costs, if you're against it enough to pack your bike back in the car and drive somewhere else, see ya. I mean, is saving $1 on a tube that important?

The other, much worse side of this. If you do give in for something little, that person will expect a deal every time and you'll never make any money off that customer. They're broken now. I'd rather support the people that support us. High quality work and fast turnarounds are the value, not the money saved.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i dont even argue with the shop rates anymore(i may cringe at some of them, but i just pay em and move on), my shop takes care of me and is up front about what needs to be done now and what can be done later (and how much later). They also do a great job of turning quick stuff around for me (often while i wait or run other errands). . . . worth every penny IMO

Top Bottom