The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

Mahnken

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200317190948600_COVER.jpg

When my wife teaches home school art class, lol

Mare

3/25/20

Here is the outdoor cafe where my sister and I sit every evening after a walk. We have tea and talk about others. In the background is an under construction fire pit and lots of useless bricks. This is where the bonfires will take place once this all passes and we can all invade each other's personal space, after a gravel ride, of course.

3.25.20 cafe and fire pit.jpg

iman29

Stayed indoors until the rain went away

Mrs Oleg playing with pottery.

I added more stuff to new Downhill Bike. Need to cut carbon seatpost tomorrow.

Made Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Curry.

Went out on a Tandem with Mrs Oleg. On the way back 2 miles from home my seatpost broke. Now I have no saddle and Mrs Oleg has no handlebars. I rode home solo and got the truck to rescue the stranded party.

Fixed the tandem, had to use beer can shims on new seatpost.

View attachment 122976View attachment 122977View attachment 122978

View attachment 122979
Whenever I see pottery wheel the scene and song from the movie Ghost comes into my head. ?

w_b

3/25
started the day with a bang and the hits kept comin’. I usually go first on our weekly report out, so after that I rode around on mute for the painful last hour of the call. Beat most of the rain. Then after dinner was the tryout for Den Meeting via Zoom, so I let my bride handle the tech, and back out I went. Upon return I noticed this gal peeking over the fence:

E441DBCD-50DA-4EB0-BC09-D071999176D0.jpeg

She sure could inject some cashola into the local economy with minimal effort. Hopefully soon....

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
All I did today was walk the dog outside. I’ve been at work everyday so the stir crazy hasn’t hit me like it seems to have others. Wife is WFH and kid is virtual school. We‘ve been trying to cut back hours a little at the shop so I might leave early tomorrow and maybe do a legit ride somewhere.
DE6E4151-2285-4B4D-9D55-76C967AB441B.jpeg

olegbabich

1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1/2 spanish onion med diced
2 med size carrots med diced
3 ribs celery med diced
1 red bell pepper med diced

1 large sweet pot med diced
2 cups butternut squash med diced - (have all vegetables diced same size)

1 can crushed tom 14 oz
1 can coconut milk 14 oz (In a pinch I have used sour cream when there is no coconut milk)

curry powder to taste - you can doctor this by adding cumin, cinnamon, cardamon and bloom the spices by tossing them in a hot pan till lightly toasted
salt and pepper to taste

I did not use beans today but adding garbanzo beans and/or tofu is good source of protein.

toss pot and squash with a little curry and olive oil salt and pepper put on a oiled sheet pan and place in 350 F preheated oven. Roast for 7 -10 min till fork tender.(Little color is good)

Sweat all other vegetables in a pot with olive oil and season with curry and salt and pepper. After vegetables are translucent add tomatoes, cover and simmer for 8-10 min.
Add coconut milk, simmer for 2-3 min. add roasted squash and potatoes and taste, adjust seasoning as needed.

Add curry in moderation as the heat grows quickly, you can always add more, but you can not take it out.

Serve over jasmine rice.

Top Bottom