Need Help on completing the Weather/Singletracks/Trailforks Data - almost done!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
From the Status tab for a park on the Trailforks website on a desktop browser. Scroll to the bottom and click "bulk update trail status." I was advised you need to be an admin for the park you are attempting to change but I was seemingly allowed to bulk update trail status for a park of which I am not an admin so I am not sure what's up with that.

Yeah I did see that it was you who did CR, so thanks for replying.

Are you an admin at any park?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was at Tourne County Park yesterday and was going to try to update the conditions as the last update seemed to have been done a week ago. The comments for many other parks seem to be much older. Just to confirm:

1) It looks like you can type in a comment re trail conditions from within mtbnj.com, then hit the “Update” button, and your comments will be placed at the top of the comments list (with relative time of posting). If you’re not logged into Pinkbike.com/Trailforks(?), the post will be attributed to “Guest.”
2) To change the rating for a specific trail, you click the trail name, and it transfers you to Trailforks.com. I was able to create an update for a single trail which appears on the Trailforks page for that trail. Unfortunately, I didn’t change the trail rating, so I’m not sure if any changes to the rating will be reflected after a page refresh on mtbnj.com (assume so). It looks like any added comments remain on Trailforks only.
3) I can’t see a way of doing a status update in one operation to ALL of the trails associated with a given park in Trailforks. The parks seem to be subdivided into so many named trails (well beyond the color designations), that to do trail by trail updates would seem time prohibitive.
4) Also, I’ve never heard of many of the listed trails, i.e., those that go beyond the trail‘s color/“Official” name. I Imagine that you have to look at the main page for the park to see the exact location of ALL of these Trailforks-named trails? A map of them somewhere would help, but the way that the “official” trails are subdivided seems like overkill and a deterrent to getting frequent, *useful* conditions updates. Maybe I’m missing something...

Thoughts?

The "comment" goes into singletracks.com from the 'update' box. Yes, It will show up as guest. I'll look into the linked
accounts stuff one of these days (link mtbnj with other services)

I don't like the trailforks model for trails - as some are segments, some are routes/rides.
Haven't started digging in past the bulk update tab - I don't have delete (yet:D) - but usability is suffering
due to the presentation.

FitmanNJ

From the Status tab for a park on the Trailforks website on a desktop browser. Scroll to the bottom and click "bulk update trail status." I was advised you need to be an admin for the park you are attempting to change but I was seemingly allowed to bulk update trail status for a park of which I am not an admin so I am not sure what's up with that.
Killed my (fortunately) old MacBook Pro by spilling water on the keyboard:rolleyes: — I’m currently testing whether I can migrate entirely to an iPad. So, I don’t have a “desktop browser” at the moment, but I’ll try this using Safari for iOS...

FitmanNJ

I found the “Bulk Update Trail Status“ button at the bottom of the “Park->Status” screen in iPadOS Safari. Clicked it, and it says, “Your ‘trust” score is not high enough to use this advanced feature. Contribute trails and other content to build your trust score.” Damn...I didn’t know that I have an untrustworthy reputation! Who can I bribe to get access??;)

BTW, @Patrick, I don’t mean to give you more work trying to change the fact that the system attributes comments to “Guest.” No big deal, really...

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Yeah I did see that it was you who did CR, so thanks for replying.

Are you an admin at any park?
I am an admin for Hartshorne, Huber, and a local spot known as Edith Stevens Wildlife Preserve.
I found the “Bulk Update Trail Status“ button at the bottom of the “Park->Status” screen in iPadOS Safari. Clicked it, and it says, “Your ‘trust” score is not high enough to use this advanced feature. Contribute trails and other content to build your trust score.” Damn...I didn’t know that I have an untrustworthy reputation! Who can I bribe to get access??;)

BTW, @Patrick, I don’t mean to give you more work trying to change the fact that the system attributes comments to “Guest.” No big deal, really...

Ok that makes sense. I've been using TF for a couple years and have provided quite a few trail status updates. I am assuming that brought my trust score over the threshold to make bulk updates.

Also, I think even in iOS or iPad OS you can request desktop versions of websites.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey all -
Just a quick note that there are a few parks left - if one is your pet park, please grab the data I need to add weather and TF Conditions.

On another note - i've removed the singletracks condition widget - they are never up-to-date.
Looks a bit cleaner also.

Top Bottom