The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

My wife and I went for a walk around the lake. It's pretty obvious that this country is going to require a forced lock down. There were tons of people out and we were the only ones making an effort to steer clear of other people. It was beautiful out and I didn't take any pictures. What do I win?
1584745706912.gif

I have a stupid idea....
Let's do a fly by ride!
For example... I ride south from Wayne and @jklett rides north from Hillsborough, departing at the same time. Somewhere in the middle we cross paths... wave at each other, make a u-turn and ride back home. Whoever logged the most miles to the meet spot wins.

Last edited:
3/20

Rode my bike. Phone was mostly dead, so no strava file, so did it even happen? I rode with my neighbor who is a hammer, so I didn't have time to get a photo...took this before leaving for a point. Yay bikes!

20200320_174948.jpg

Also, a friend of mine made this meme. Backstory: we were on tour and stopped at some dudes apartment to shower and hang before hitting the road toward the next gig. The bassist and I took mushrooms that the dude offered us. So I was lounging out on a bench seat in the van playing some Dr. Wario, tripping balls, and we're having a hard time finding our way out of this complex and I belt out "go where you weren't, man" (sounding like tommy chong) and we all laughed really hard.

IMG_04861.jpg

Last edited:
I think each one costs like $95 to replace that person who lost it is bumming.
Yeah I grabbed it figuring I’d do a Craigslist or reddit post for some good karma and hopefully someone will claim it. I actually had a set of my own but I lost them and for all I know someone decided to be an a-hole and is using them right now instead of attempting to return them to me.

3/21
7 Car Shuffle
And vertical picture day!
47C0585A-45EC-4482-ACAD-FE917FF38BFA.jpeg
40D35B96-6121-45AD-B907-5BF2254299DF.gif

When I lived in Lawrenceville, I used to count cars on my weekend road rides and would stop at 10. Only a few times did I achieve less than 10. I started to do the same last week with the drop in traffic and today was at 7. 3 of the cars were in the first 3 min of the ride. I did have a 6 mile stretch of canal so maybe that skewed the numbers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom