This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Yes it does. Same theory as eating a hamburger and not being full until 4 days later. We have been in self-quarantine since Friday. I understand a lot of people have not, but a good number have. So we would expect the number of cases to slow down in X days. I don't know what X is, but we are now looking at X+4 I suppose. If you say it takes 6 days to manifest itself, we are now at 10 days before we can see a change in the growth in cases.

This is too long for our society. We'll be burning shit down soon.

We're on the italy track but worse, modern day American exceptionalism is being displayed at every store, park, movie theater and restaurant. "We" are immune from everything, because Merica, its why we don't vote, save, or try. There is an expectation that we don't have to worry about anything because it will be fixed before "I" have to do a thing about it. My whole life I've heard I don't need to worry about (X) because they'll have a cure for it when it happens to me.

The gov is more worried about airlines staying afloat over people paying their mortgage or hospital bills. Forget that they just got a huge tax cut and spent the money they are asking for on stock buybacks, they should sell their stock to fund their recovery.

America is staring down the barrel and it opened its mouth, yet we're going to be shocked when someone has to shovel our brains off the ground.

serviceguy

We're on the italy track but worse, modern day American exceptionalism is being displayed at every store, park, movie theater and restaurant. "We" are immune from everything, because Merica, its why we don't vote, save, or try. There is an expectation that we don't have to worry about anything because it will be fixed before "I" have to do a thing about it. My whole life I've heard I don't need to worry about (X) because they'll have a cure for it when it happens to me.

The gov is more worried about airlines staying afloat over people paying their mortgage or hospital bills. Forget that they just got a huge tax cut and spent the money they are asking for on stock buybacks, they should sell their stock to fund their recovery.

America is staring down the barrel and it opened its mouth, yet we're going to be shocked when someone has to shovel our brains off the ground.
And by ‘we’ I’m guessing you really mean ‘I’ as in you...

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
And by ‘we’ I’m guessing you really mean ‘I’ as in you...

We as in Americans, I've gotten my groceries and haven't left my house aside to take my son out for bike rides, and my solo bike ride. I value the few things I have to much to throw it away to enjoy a 15 dollar steak at applebee's. I'm glad my son is young, at this point(3yo) he can't open the door himself and look for the scary invisible boogeyman no one thinks is there.

Like climate change being to safe is only going to improve things, and risking it for whatever your reason is give you at best the status quo and at worst cost you everything.

Captain Brainstorm

We’re on track says who? Stop believing everything you see on TV and read on the internet. As far as people waiting for everything to be “fixed” for them and handed to them on a silver platter, well that’s only that’s not the majority of this country, just the entitled ‘coasters.

Captain Brainstorm

We as in Americans, I've gotten my groceries and haven't left my house aside to take my son out for bike rides, and my solo bike ride. I value the few things I have to much to throw it away to enjoy a 15 dollar steak at applebee's. I'm glad my son is young, at this point(3yo) he can't open the door himself and look for the scary invisible boogeyman no one thinks is there.

Like climate change being to safe is only going to improve things, and risking it for whatever your reason is give you at best the status quo and at worst cost you everything.
Please, don’t lump us all in with this BS, most of us are not entitled millenials. And as far as man-made climate change goes, that’s just another invention designed to scare and control us. I just let the genie out of the lamp with that one, another thread.

And what are you doing buying $15 steaks at Applebee’s? Who taught you how to eat? USDA grade A prime from Costco. Around $40-45 you get enough to feed 4, season with kosher salt, pepper, sear to rare on the grill. Your welcome.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We’re on track says who? Stop believing everything you see on TV and read on the internet. As far as people waiting for everything to be “fixed” for them and handed to them on a silver platter, well that’s only that’s not the majority of this country, just the entitled ‘coasters.

Ok time to take a break. Let’s put a cap on stirring shit up for a day.

qclabrat

I'm not following this thread, but figured this is important for those here who take OTC meds. Basically, some concern with anti-inflammatories and the virus behaviors. Still confirming this with the WHO, but stay informed from the experts.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

Pshhh I don't have cable, I'm a poor millennial. We're not being proactive, we're hardly reactivate. My wife was exposed last week to a patient who tested negative to everything but wasn't tested for this and they moved that patient right along without a second thought. We've all come down with symptoms since, not saying it's Corona just saying that the fox is in the hen house and now we're worried about fixing the fence only now. You most likely have nurses like my wife infected treating none infected patients who are already compromised.

I wholeheartedly believe you are smarter than me, but if you aren't planning for shit to hit the fan idk what you're even doing in this thread feeding the hype train. Packed restaurants for one last hoorah before being requested to stay home makes me think this thing is just brewing and we're about to be pouring our selves a cup that no one is going to like the taste of.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I'm not following this thread, but figured this is important for those here who take OTC meds. Basically, some concern with anti-inflammatories and the virus behaviors. Still confirming this with the WHO, but stay informed from the experts.

Tell me when they recommend virtual meetings as a health risk

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Please, don’t lump us all in with this BS, most of us are not entitled millenials. And as far as man-made climate change goes, that’s just another invention designed to scare and control us. I just let the genie out of the lamp with that one, another thread.

And what are you doing buying $15 steaks at Applebee’s? Who taught you how to eat? USDA grade A prime from Costco. Around $40-45 you get enough to feed 4, season with kosher salt, pepper, sear to rare on the grill. Your welcome.

Kosher salt is a mind control device created by the kgb, Himalayan salt is the way of the lord, only a deep fried chicken nugget on kgb mind control would say that.

giphy.gif

iman29

Anybody else starting to feel cabin fever?
I am starting to feel restless... need to ride the bike somehow but difficult to do with the kid at home.

Totally true and my kids are all teenager and up. I’m going for a long solo ride tmw while they all sleep in and while I still can.

Lucky for me my new job told me I will still start March 30 just remotely. Waiting for details on that but I need to start so the full medical benefits kick in in case I get it. (Unlikely).

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

saw this yesterday, but the WHO (all I can think of is Keith Moon) hadn’t backed it yet, I guess now they do. One of the head doctors in France was discussing it. Was curious if Claritin would be an issue, so I stopped taking it, since it’s a NSAID.

There was a positive in town where a kid tested positive that attended a gymnastics class. I’m sure there will be more based on that alone.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
let's not forget peoples whose working in foods industry,ranchers and farmers truck deliveries not just health cares profesional providers or emergency profesional,the little guys and girls also deserve theirs efforts recognition and lets appreciate them in this pandemic apocalypso..whose i left out?oh..don't forget to stock up Condoms,you're going to need it!??
Don't forget people who work in the Parks and Golf courses, still providing a means for outdoor rec.
Our break room is disgusting 365 days of the year, my wife asked if anyone is sanitizing the building daily. I just laughed and told her we're guys.

Top Bottom