Need Help on completing the Weather/Singletracks/Trailforks Data - almost done!

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Installed the weather/trailforks/singletrack data for the parks we have.

The formatting needs some tweaking, and we need to dial-in the trailforks data.
(duplicate trails) - i can set the widget to only report 'official' data - I haven't looked into how to make data official.
if that means reports, or trails. @Bleeder ??
Not sure what it means by official. Is it not grabbing everything? Can you show me a page it's on?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not sure what it means by official. Is it not grabbing everything? Can you show me a page it's on?

we are grabbing everything - the widget has the ability to filter on 'official' reports - which might be better -
esp if we can reduce the duplicate trails, and segments people create.

iman29

Installed the weather/trailforks/singletrack data for the parks we have.

The formatting needs some tweaking, and we need to dial-in the trailforks data.
(duplicate trails) - i can set the widget to only report 'official' data - I haven't looked into how to make data official.
if that means reports, or trails. @Bleeder ??

Today at 3:19 AM

o_O:eek:

Bleeder

we are grabbing everything - the widget has the ability to filter on 'official' reports - which might be better -
esp if we can reduce the duplicate trails, and segments people create.

Trailforks itself scans for duplicate trails and there are no segments. Although depending on the use it can get confused with duplicate trail names in different parks. Lord knows how many "white" trails there are in the world.

Reports from TF admins, like myself and others have official after the report. Doesn't make it any better or worse than anybody else's reports though.

Patrick

Staff member
Trailforks itself scans for duplicate trails and there are no segments. Although depending on the use it can get confused with duplicate trail names in different parks. Lord knows how many "white" trails there are in the world.

Reports from TF admins, like myself and others have official after the report. Doesn't make it any better or worse than anybody else's reports though.

i can filter on it tho.
trails are part of a system - why are there duplicates here for six mile run

someone should also update them to yellow or amber

1584483780615.png

Bleeder

i can filter on it tho.

View attachment 121888
From what I understand 6 mile is still closed. And that's the official word from the park.

Bleeder

i can filter on it tho.

View attachment 121888
As far as duplicates, that Heathcote-Mapletown are different sections of the same trail. This comes from how the state of NJ has their trails listed. The trails were imported from NJ Geoweb GIS portal. Unfortunately you'll see this all over the state. Although it's mostly confined to hiking trails. I've cleaned up most of the MTB ones. @Patrick I can also make you a TF admin at the NJ statewide level. That might give you better access. PM me with your Pinkbike name if you want me to set you up.

Patrick

Staff member
From what I understand 6 mile is still closed. And that's the official word from the park.

we are receiving conflicting into on status @jdog - but i'm more interested in the data quality.

I'll look into the TF admin stuff - been meaning to do that.

Patrick

Staff member
As far as duplicates, that Heathcote-Mapletown are different sections of the same trail. This comes from how the state of NJ has their trails listed. The trails were imported from NJ Geoweb GIS portal. Unfortunately you'll see this all over the state. Although it's mostly confined to hiking trails. I've cleaned up most of the MTB ones. @Patrick I can also make you a TF admin at the NJ statewide level. That might give you better access. PM me with your Pinkbike name if you want me to set you up.

OK - hook me up with some admin privs!
I need to update CR so @pooriggy doesn't go later today. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Have I earned my way to be a NJ state admin? I would be more than willing to help out with CR. Would I be able to edit the trails at CR also? They need some work in TF for sure.

pygmypony

maybe the wrong thread, but i've recently added our little local North Edison, Edith Stevens Wildlife Preserve to trailforks...

i'm not sure it warrants any of its own space on MTBNJ (yet!), but just thought i'd throw it out there...if any of you TF experts wants to help me ensure i didn't do anything idiotic, i'd be happy to work with you! thanks!

Bleeder

maybe the wrong thread, but i've recently added our little local North Edison, Edith Stevens Wildlife Preserve to trailforks...

i'm not sure it warrants any of its own space on MTBNJ (yet!), but just thought i'd throw it out there...if any of you TF experts wants to help me ensure i didn't do anything idiotic, i'd be happy to work with you! thanks!
Looks good, wish I knew about these a couple of years ago.

FitmanNJ

I was at Tourne County Park yesterday and was going to try to update the conditions as the last update seemed to have been done a week ago. The comments for many other parks seem to be much older. Just to confirm:

1) It looks like you can type in a comment re trail conditions from within mtbnj.com, then hit the “Update” button, and your comments will be placed at the top of the comments list (with relative time of posting). If you’re not logged into Pinkbike.com/Trailforks(?), the post will be attributed to “Guest.”
2) To change the rating for a specific trail, you click the trail name, and it transfers you to Trailforks.com. I was able to create an update for a single trail which appears on the Trailforks page for that trail. Unfortunately, I didn’t change the trail rating, so I’m not sure if any changes to the rating will be reflected after a page refresh on mtbnj.com (assume so). It looks like any added comments remain on Trailforks only.
3) I can’t see a way of doing a status update in one operation to ALL of the trails associated with a given park in Trailforks. The parks seem to be subdivided into so many named trails (well beyond the color designations), that to do trail by trail updates would seem time prohibitive.
4) Also, I’ve never heard of many of the listed trails, i.e., those that go beyond the trail‘s color/“Official” name. I Imagine that you have to look at the main page for the park to see the exact location of ALL of these Trailforks-named trails? A map of them somewhere would help, but the way that the “official” trails are subdivided seems like overkill and a deterrent to getting frequent, *useful* conditions updates. Maybe I’m missing something...

Thoughts?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3) I can’t see a way of doing a status update in one operation to ALL of the trails associated with a given park in Trailforks. The parks seem to be subdivided into so many named trails (well beyond the color designations), that to do trail by trail updates would seem time prohibitive.

I was wondering the same. It looks like someone did this for CR last week. One mass update and I am curious how that was done.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
From the Status tab for a park on the Trailforks website on a desktop browser. Scroll to the bottom and click "bulk update trail status." I was advised you need to be an admin for the park you are attempting to change but I was seemingly allowed to bulk update trail status for a park of which I am not an admin so I am not sure what's up with that.

Top Bottom