JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMBA Trail Care Crew visits Washington Valley Park, Bridgewater, NJ

Saturday, October 11th, 2008

9am-12pm: Classroom Session @ Duke Island Park Visitors Center
OLD YORK ROAD, BRIDGEWATER, NJ
Lunch will be served.
1pm-4pm:Fieldwork @ Washington Valley Park (Meeting spot TBA)

Sunday, October 12th, 2008

9am-12pm:Fieldwork @ Washington Valley Park (Meeting spot TBA)

1pm Group Ride! All ability levels welcomed!

Space is limited. RSVP by calling Christine Biskey at
(908) 231-0802 ext. 24​

Flyer attached

Attachments

• IMBA_trailCare.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bump

Just 1 1/2 weeks to go. Please register if you plan on coming out.

thanks.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do we have to register if you plan on doing just the field work on sat and/or the ride on sunday?

The Park folks would prefer if you would register. That said, if you want to come by just for the fieldwork on either day I'm cool with that. We're hoping to get a new trail cut & finished & can use all the help we can get. You will just have to fill out a County Park VPP form before doing any work. Hope you can make it out.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
do you have an idea where your going to cut a new trail?

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Come on out anf find out..

Sign up and see first hand!!! There is somehting to be said for beign involved witht he process, this is a great chance. The IMBA folks put on a great classroom session, thisis not like being back in school and sittign thru some boring lecture. Hey they are talking about trails!!!

Come on tell a friend, hey there is even free lunch!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I left a message for Christine yesterday so hopefully there are spots still open. I really just want to see Jay have to sit still for a 3 hour class. I find it hard to believe it's possible.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I left a message for Christine yesterday so hopefully there are spots still open. I really just want to see Jay have to sit still for a 3 hour class. I find it hard to believe it's possible.

I emailed her a few weeks back.

I can sit still.. just no coffee I guess.

Wobbegong

I'm in for Saturday.

I have a voicemail in with Christine to hold a spot for me. I'll be there regardless.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
do you have an idea where your going to cut a new trail?
We have 2 projects, that were ok'd by the Parks people, to chose from. I'd like to add a trail versus a re-route just because I would like more trails to ride. The final call is made by the Trail Care Crew. Like I said in my other post, even if you can only help out for an hr or 2 come by to help out.

Come on tell a friend, hey there is even free lunch!!!

Free food? I'm there.

I am taking off work for this!

j

You just didn't want to work. Plus you love building trails almost as much as riding them. Glad your coming out.

I left a message for Christine yesterday so hopefully there are spots still open.

Did she get back to you?

I'm in for Saturday.

I have a voicemail in with Christine to hold a spot for me. I'll be there regardless.

Cool. Thanks for the support.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also got my waiver today. She didn't call me back but someone else in the office did.

Thanks again for putting this together!

Frank

Sasquatch
Didn't get my waiver yet, but you couldn't drag me away from this anyway. Yet another TCC crew to meet....awesome!

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The fieldwork location is set for the weekend. We will be meeting on Miller Lane (off of Vosseller Ave) for both the Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning sessions. Go past the houses (on the right) & you'll see parking on a fire road on the right.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&...4512,-74.54486&spn=0.000923,0.001727&t=h&z=19

No RSVP needed for Sunday. You will just need to sign a County volunteer form. Please come out to lend a hand & too meet the IMBA crew.

ALSO A REMINDER, THE CLASS ROOM SESSION IS AT DUKE ISLAND PARK, OLD YORK ROAD, BRIDGEWATER, NJ, NOT AT WASHINGTON VALLEY.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What an awesome day. NJ riders made me super proud today. They gave up a beautiful day of riding to sit in a class room & then helped out cutting a new section of trail & working to open an old, forgotten about trail. Thanks to those who came out.

Tomorrow we have 2 small projects planned. Meeting at the same location on Millers Lane (see earlier post). Neither project is too crazy. We don't want to be spent for the ride after. Hope to see you then.

Frank

Sasquatch
Kick ass day today....great weather, great people and trail building.:)
Kirt, great job today brutha.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions