Skyline Thursday 4:30pm

NJMX835

Planning on riding up to Skyline from Pool Hollow Road in Oakland at 4:30 on Thursday if anyone wants to ride.

Don't have a light at the moment so I have to make it back by dark, but that's still a good 2 hours of riding.

Lemm'e know... :D

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'm supposed to head up to pre-ride Blue but if noone gets back to me I might be 'in'.

Where's Pool Hollow? By Barbara Drive? or by 202/Bear Swamp section?

NJMX835

I'm supposed to head up to pre-ride Blue but if noone gets back to me I might be 'in'.

Where's Pool Hollow? By Barbara Drive? or by 202/Bear Swamp section?

It's a right turn off of West Oakland ave less then a mile from the bottom of Skyline on the Oakland side.

There's parking at the trailhead there & the trail is a climb up to the bridge that crosses 287 on the Cannonball.

I wish I could get up to Blue this week, looks like I'm not going to be able to pre-ride until Saturday.

NJMX835

I just looked at the map & I guess Barbara drive is by the ballfields in Pompton Lakes?

If you end up going, we could ride from there also, I haven't done a ride from there in a long time.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Yes, Barbara Drive is a little cul de sac in Pompton by a soccer field. It's climbing right from the get-go but better then than at the end of a ride. :)

NJMX835

Yes, Barbara Drive is a little cul de sac in Pompton by a soccer field. It's climbing right from the get-go but better then than at the end of a ride. :)

Yeah, same thing with Pool Hollow, it's all climbing up to the top of Skyline, but that makes for all downhill on the way back :D

Riding from Barbara would just make for a little longer ride, cool by me though, either take the Cannonball up & come back on the white trail or vice versa.

Top Bottom