You be the judge...

rick81721

Lothar
To me it's just a very long-winded, rambling analysis of the obvious - in an epidemic originating from a communist country that controls the media, you assume the numbers being reported aren't accurate. Captain obvious!

Reactions: rlb

qclabrat

This is old news/data, the reporting criteria changed the other day. I track this pretty closely having family there. You can't read into numbers, ratios and formulas much with figuring out if theres any bias. I'd personally like to know more about patient details of those who have died vs recovered.

Communist or not, there aren't many countries which could build two mega hospitals in two weeks while quarantining 50 million people. We can't get a caucus recount done correctly here.

rick81721

Lothar
This is old news/data, the reporting criteria changed the other day. I track this pretty closely having family there. You can't read into numbers, ratios and formulas much with figuring out if theres any bias. I'd personally like to know more about patient details of those who have died vs recovered.

Communist or not, there aren't many countries which could build two mega hospitals in two weeks while quarantining 50 million people. We can't get a caucus recount done correctly here.

Don't know if this real news or not but if so, this is not good:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...-500-wuhan-medical-staff-infected-coronavirus

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Legit source, south China morning post. I heard about this today as well. Not surprising since this virus is easily airborne and contagious. Fortunately not a very deadly strain unless you're weak and frail. Take your vitamins!

Would you say the numbers are under represented or accurate considering the over count recently

RobW

How would they have known to have all these supplies to build two hospitals that fast if they didn’t already know this was going to happen?

rick81721

Lothar
Legit source, south China morning post. I heard about this today as well. Not surprising since this virus is easily airborne and contagious. Fortunately not a very deadly strain unless you're weak and frail. Take your vitamins!

Actually it is surprising that so many medical staff are getting infected. They should be doing a better job staying protected.

The Kalmyk

Where is the prime minister in all this. Not so many military parades going on nowadays huh? We can send a man to space yet we struggle to set public health criteria. With the whole world spending money with you, where are the priorities?

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

How would they have known to have all these supplies to build two hospitals that fast if they didn’t already know this was going to happen?

One of the hospitals was already under construction when the outbreak happened. I would be like saying you took 1 week to build a house, when the foundation was already poured, and the framing had already been done.

Captain Brainstorm

High level, original article had the basic epidemiology correct (quadratic vs. exponential), and had a reasoned opinion on how/why the data is being spun by the government. I personally think the data is being completely cherry picked based on the socio-economic impact to China and the world.

The numbers are probably being under reported. Given the amount of business the world does with China, they were totally under pressure to take the quarantine measures that they did, and now they want to lift that and get back to business because it’s starting to take an economic toll, plain and simple. Thirty years ago, you wouldn’t even know that this was happening, but times have changed.

As for the virus itself, it’s not any more pathogenic than the flu, but transmits easier, and that 2 week incubation (while being contagious) sits in that sweet spot from an epidemiological perspective. In my opinion, this is nothing, just wait until a really pathogenic strain emerges with that 2 or 3 week incubation period, then shit will get real, fast. Based on the total lack of ability to contain here, and the mass hysteria, it’s going to suck when that happens.

ilnadi

Follow the Diamond Princess, contained environment with 100% monitoring being reported by many governments with citizens on board. It is not catastrophic. As @Captain Brainstorm said, the question is which direction it mutates in. Also remember most of us are carrying most virus to ever infect any human, just mutated benign.

qclabrat

My brother works in this world, they have mastered the prefab
To meet up with the economic boom, they have generic designs to turnaround projects in ridiculous times

Top Bottom