Book of Paul H

JerseyPete

Sorry, but of all the discussion here the only point that got stuck in my mind is that @Paul H is in reality Natasha Henstridge ! I wouldn't have guess that in a hundred years. I have now grown a completely new appreciation for the guy...or should I say gal?
Didn't he once have a KPOP girl avatar?

Mr.Moto

Some years back I ran into a guy at lot c in ringwood. He was in from another part of the country to do the 5 boro bike tour the next day. Wanted to get some mountain biking in too. Took him on a loop of Skylands. Oh, he was on his road type bike ( drop bar, 700c thing) he was using for the tour. Was he road biking or mountain biking?

Now back to Natasha.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Some years back I ran into a guy at lot c in ringwood. He was in from another part of the country to do the 5 boro bike tour the next day. Wanted to get some mountain biking in too. Took him on a loop of Skylands. Oh, he was on his road type bike ( drop bar, 700c thing) he was using for the tour. Was he road biking or mountain biking?

Now back to Natasha.
Did he die?

JerseyPete

Now back to Natasha.
I've ridden with that guy, @liong71er is his name!

BPaze

Now back to Natasha.
I believe that is called gravel biking

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
It took my lunch hour to read through that debate. OK, maybe not my entire hour as I only take a 15 minute break?. Do I stir this back up or leave it alone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is what makes life interesting. I use the term mountain biking overall for riding off road as a general term when talking with people that don’t ride, understand, or care about it. I live less than 15 minutes from the NJ mountains (not 12,000’ but still mountains). I live in a valley and my cross country trails are pretty flat. I refer to non mountain trails as cross country trails and mountain trails as mountain biking trails. Then let’s look at some of the different types of riding - bike park, pump track, flowy, tech. Then racing- cross country, enduro, downhill. Other types of competition -BMX, trials. Probably a bunch that I missed. If there is a cross country trail that has jumps, features and some armored sections, it’s still (to me) cross country with some pump track, trials or features built in to make it more interesting. Even pro cross country races the past few years are including built in armored sections that are flowy but look tech. To me cross country is a sub category of mountain biking and I would really consider mountain biking riding a mountain bike on a mountain. Anyone that knows me is aware that I like 6 mile and is a great cross country trail system. If I call it a cross country trail system it’s not an insult, it’s just not a mountain. Are riding mountains more fun than cross country trails, that’s a matter of opinion. I’m a flat lander that happens to ride mountain trails on the weekend and when I get a chance to make it down to 6 mile, thoroughly enjoy it. Can one say they mountain bike there. Sure they can. Can someone say they ride the cross country trails there, sure they can. Like I started out by saying, everyone is entitled to their opinion. We all have the same thing in common, we like to ride bikes.

Last edited:

Mtbdog

It took my lunch hour to read through that debate. OK, maybe not my entire hour as I only take a 15 minute break?. Do I stir this back up or leave it alone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is what makes life interesting. I use the term mountain biking overall for riding off road as a general term when talking with people that don’t ride, understand, or care about it. I live less than 15 minutes from the NJ mountains (not 12,000’ but still mountains). I live in a valley and my cross country trails are pretty flat. I refer to non mountain trails as cross country trails and mountain trails as mountain biking trails. Then let’s look at some of the different types of riding - bike park, pump track, flowy, tech. Then racing- cross country, enduro, downhill. Other types of competition -BMX, trials. Probably a bunch that I missed. If there is a cross country trail that has jumps, features and some armored sections, it’s still (to me) cross country with some pump track, trials or features built in to make it more interesting. Even pro cross country races the past few years are including built in armored sections that are flowy but look tech. To me cross country is a sub category of mountain biking and I would really consider mountain biking riding a mountain bike on a mountain. Anyone that knows me is aware that I like 6 mile and is a great cross country trail system. If I call it a cross country trail system it’s not an insult, it’s just not a mountain. Are riding mountains more fun than cross country trails, that’s a matter of opinion. I’m a flat lander that happens to ride mountain trails on the weekend and when I get a chance to make it down to 6 mile, thoroughly enjoy it. Can one say they mountain bike there. Sure they can. Can someone say they ride the cross country trails there, sure they can. Like I started out by saying, everyone is entitled to their opinion. We all have the same thing in common, we like to ride bikes.
Wish I had said that, because that is what I meant. Thanks Vic.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
History of the Talon...
6 different RD
- 2 Acera, 1 Alivio, 1 XT, 1 Deore and current SLX
4 different cassettes
- 11-32, 11-34, 11-42 and current 11-36
3 different cranks.
-Suntour, Race Face and current Deore
5 or 6 different bars
-Mostly Alibaba crabon to test length and current RaceFace
2 different sets of wheels
- Stock Giant wheels and current Giant S-XC2
6 different stems
- Mostly Alibaba crabon/alloy mix and currently on Bontager 80? I think.
4 different brakes
-Tektro, Deore, BB7 and currently on XT
2 different seat posts
-Stock Giant Aluminum and now on Giant Composite
3 different saddles.
- 2 different Giant saddles and now on WTB Volt
3 different forks
-Suntour, RS Recon and now on Niner Carbon rigid.

Last edited:

Mtbdog

History of the Talon...
5 different RD
4 different cassettes
3 different cranks.
5 or 6 different bars
6 different stems
4 different brakes
2 different seat posts
3 different saddles.
3 different forks
How many miles on that rig. That's a lot of parts. Holie molie.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
History of the Talon...
5 different RD
4 different cassettes
3 different cranks.
5 or 6 different bars
6 different stems
4 different brakes
2 different seat posts
3 different saddles.
3 different forks
giphy.gif

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
How many miles on that rig. That's a lot of parts. Holie molie.
Not enuff... prolly around 1500miles
Its basically my play bike that I can mess around with.
On the Hightower and the RDO... I hardly made any changes other than titanium bolts.... and the brakes on the Hightower.

Mtbdog

Ahhh, the mountain biking @Mtbdog likes!
I tell ya what Kev. You like ribbing me so I got a deal for ya. I'll race you with your 20+ years of biking and my 20+ years of motocrossing whatta say we do a double. I'll race you at 6 mile after you race me at Hurricane Hills Mx track. What do you think? Fair? Just for fun. I'll even let you ride a bigger displacement bike, say 450 vs. 250.

Top Bottom