Chimney Rock Conditions

CrankAddictRich

I was out on Jan. 21 and all of the north facing trails on red were either snow(good) or solid ice (bad). The white trail and anything facing south with some sun exposure had no snow/ice left and were either frozen or beginning to thaw slightly if they were in the sun. All in all, it was a good ride.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Reminder that the park is closed today 1/22 for deer hunting.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Same here but we got pounded on Saturday, I can't see it being too good yet. Hoping for the contrary though.

pygmypony

anybody venture out to check on the trails? i may shoot for a mid-day ride tomorrow if my work schedule allows it...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anybody venture out to check on the trails? i may shoot for a mid-day ride tomorrow if my work schedule allows it...

@Kurt would know for certain, but I‘m pretty sure that we have one or two more Weds during which the park will be closed for hunting.

https://www.somersetcountyparks.org/parksFacilities/washValley/WashingtonValleyPk.html

"For your safety, Washington Valley Park will be closed January 8,15 ,22, 29, and February 5th all day as part of the Deer Management Program."

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Might be frozen enough early. Could be some ice to play on with all the recent rain.

jklett

Did a short walk with my family and the dog up blue to the play area from Neumann's, that was the dryest route from that lot and even that was slick in a lot more spots than I thought it would be. When we got back to the lot, a group came in that looked like they were at 6mile. I feel guilty even walking that small part.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It was good for a little bit. I hit it and Yellow was perfect, Orange started to go south, by the time I hit Red it was unrideable. I rode the fireroad out to the road to get back. My bike looked like I rode through a pile of T-Rex shit.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions