OOS MOGA

kbajaj

From MTBR:

What we didn’t like
    • * Limitations of the Shimano system software and range. And it’s hard to differentiate from other bikes using the same system
    • * 504 wh battery is a limitation especially today
    • * Pricey and only Carbon CC
    • * Two years late
    • * The competition is very stiff
    • * It’s not a 29er and it cannot support that configuration which is the faster, burlier platform
    • * It would be good to get at least one Shimano 12-speed build to match the motor system and take advantage of their great brakes
  • * This is the safe bet but it’s not innovative in a red-hot market“
Don’t know why only CC carbon is available in this. If I got motor to help I don’t care about few extra pounds!

Mtbdog

I have a vision of E-Bikes getting all mtb's banned from every place when in the hands of non-skilled riders going way to fast then they can handle and ruining it for all, by hurting innocent people. Bombing down trails and showing no trail etiquette, and then saying to their friends I was going to fast to stop for granny on the trail, some lady on a horse. Worse case scenario I'm pointing to here but you know it is bound to happen. It happens now w/o E- Bikes, or Kingdom trails wouldn't be putting out notice of the kind they had to this fall. All hypothetical on my part but I hope you get the point. Maybe SC is mocking the E-Bike in hopes the high price will scare away people and kill the mtb side of E-Bikes. I know way out there but it is possible if I could think it up, maybe fantasy on my part, but I've seen it happen to dirt bikes. The Japanese sold millions of tame dirt bikes in 70's, then dirt bikes became more powerful and the banning of them spread like a wildfire in a drought. So it is possible and has happened to other genres. Hope it doesn't but could. Just saying...

qclabrat

These are all pedal assist right? I don't have time to look it up, but this class of bikes doesn't wreck trails or make you go much faster. Yeah maybe helps me clear a climb and a second or two faster on a downhill section. To me they are still unnecessary unless my doc tells me I can't push as hard.

rick81721

Lothar
I have a vision of E-Bikes getting all mtb's banned from every place when in the hands of non-skilled riders going way to fast then they can handle and ruining it for all, by hurting innocent people. Bombing down trails and showing no trail etiquette, and then saying to their friends I was going to fast to stop for granny on the trail, some lady on a horse. Worse case scenario I'm pointing to here but you know it is bound to happen. It happens now w/o E- Bikes, or Kingdom trails wouldn't be putting out notice of the kind they had to this fall. All hypothetical on my part but I hope you get the point. Maybe SC is mocking the E-Bike in hopes the high price will scare away people and kill the mtb side of E-Bikes. I know way out there but it is possible if I could think it up, maybe fantasy on my part, but I've seen it happen to dirt bikes. The Japanese sold millions of tame dirt bikes in 70's, then dirt bikes became more powerful and the banning of them spread like a wildfire in a drought. So it is possible and has happened to other genres. Hope it doesn't but could. Just saying...

200.gif

Mtbdog

Rick it's not that far fetched. Stay involved and support those that are politically aware i.e. jorba. I raced motocross for 20+ years and we had a dozen tracks within an hours drive of my home in north jersey now we have 2. So it could happen, because we had the same reaction you pictured when someone bought it up with us in the mx community. Just saying... Stay involved and aware of the political climate. It changes in the favor of those who stay in touch with it.

rick81721

Lothar
Rick it's not that far fetched. Stay involved and support those that are politically aware i.e. jorba. I raced motocross for 20+ years and we had a dozen tracks within an hours drive of my home in north jersey now we have 2. So it could happen, because we had the same reaction you pictured when someone bought it up with us in the mx community. Just saying... Stay involved and aware of the political climate. It changes in the favor of those who stay in touch with it.

It's not far-fetched that a big mountain bike company like SC invested in developing an entire line of ebikes to kill the market? That's ludicrous and makes zero business sense.

Mtbdog

It's not far-fetched that a big mountain bike company like SC invested in developing an entire line of ebikes to kill the market? That's ludicrous and makes zero business sense.
I agree that was way to far. But the other part of the hypothetical is possible. People bombing down trails with disregard for trail etiquette, cause I saw it happen at the Tourne on regular bikes. I said something and guys just laughed at me.

Top Bottom