OOS MOGA

wonder if they would consider a test park - one that would benefit from a little assist - maybe in hunterdon county where it isn't that crowded
because of segments like puke hill and the impossible climb?

I would support any pilot program to empirically demonstrate if they are a viable option. If it comes out in favor of eMTB’s I’d gladly accept them, though personally, I probably still wouldn’t choose to spend my $ that way at this time.

Until (at least) our state blesses eMTB’s on our trails, I’m never going to even think about them. I find it inexcusable to advance these here (in NJ) until they (the powers that be) do.

Don't hold your breath, I grew up in a country were the government (more precisely its bureaucrats) feed off the contradictions between the market, public interest, laws and common sense (i.e. let e-bike proliferate but keep the ban on the trails, so when you need some additional revenue you just have to start enforcing the law, which then may or may not cost more than the actual revenues generated).

I saw a guy on one in Cheesequake Park whipping around one -pretty damn cool I have the say ... he sold his Farley & Roadbike to pay for .... half of it.

As for the law - e bikes are illegal in the STREET - but trail riding is open to interpretation....

N.J. ebike laws - https://peopleforbikes.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/E-Bike-Law-Handouts_NJ_2020.pdf

» LOCAL: Consult your local land management agency.
» STATE: The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection allows Class 1 and 2 e-bikes on improved multi-use trails where bikes are allowed. Contact your local park manager or park website for the list of improved trails. Contact the department for the most up to date information. PeopleForBikes is monitoring this policy and will update this document as needed.
» FEDERAL: There is little federal land managed for recreation in New Jersey. However, for reference, eMTBs are considered motorized vehicles and have access to motorized trails on federal lands.

Just horsing around. This is Dante' and the Dog.
20200211_124109.jpg

That horse was huge, I'm taking the photo real close to me. He had the coolest hair and coat. When I pet him it was like velvet. Just angle of the shot. The vet was there to give him new shoes it was one of the neatest things I've witnessed in a long time. He was as cool as a cucumber.

Didn't someone come out with a "convertible" ? Would seam a platform that could add/remove the motor might be appealing.
like i want to ride with @gingertooth, and only be a few minutes behind, rather than 10 on his 10 minute segment, i throw in the motor.
going out with @OOS, i leave the motor home (haha @motorhome)

Didn't someone come out with a "convertible" ? Would seam a platform that could add/remove the motor might be appealing.
like i want to ride with @gingertooth, and only be a few minutes behind, rather than 10 on his 10 minute segment, i throw in the motor.
going out with @OOS, i leave the motor home (haha @motorhome)

Incorrect! You take the eBike but don’t charge the battery. Field leveled. ?

Too expensive! Probably the most expensive given the specs and what competition’s offering is. Look at YT’s eMTB. That’s value for money!
From MTBR:

What we didn’t like
    • * Limitations of the Shimano system software and range. And it’s hard to differentiate from other bikes using the same system
    • * 504 wh battery is a limitation especially today
    • * Pricey and only Carbon CC
    • * Two years late
    • * The competition is very stiff
    • * It’s not a 29er and it cannot support that configuration which is the faster, burlier platform
    • * It would be good to get at least one Shimano 12-speed build to match the motor system and take advantage of their great brakes
  • * This is the safe bet but it’s not innovative in a red-hot market“

Back
Top Bottom