Music

TimBay

A little late to the party, but this new Sturgil Simpson is quite possibly the best thing I've heard in 2019. I describe it as "interstellar country" or "southern synth-rock" there's a full animated film accompaniment available on Netflix. Heres a clip from that film for the single "Sing Along". The album and movie are called Sound and Fury

njmark

Professional Cyclist
Shits fucked and it ain't getting unfucked any time soon the album. The 3.5 years between albums was definitely worth the wait. Sure maybe I've been a DBT fanboy for almost 20 years but this collection of songs is in my top 3 of their entire catalog. IMG_20200203_200702_983.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Spotlight platter from the other night:

Jack White- Blunderbuss
6E4CC1D8-ADEC-4021-B572-A6510B30C826.jpeg

And props to my guy @TimBay for these- enjoying them in rotation
2D764F3A-E814-4400-8EF3-4961BEFED5D4.jpeg
Strokes & Black Keys
My guy, you need to go get that old job back!

TimBay

Spotlight platter from the other night:

Jack White- Blunderbuss
View attachment 118793

And props to my guy @TimBay for these- enjoying them in rotation
View attachment 118794
Strokes & Black Keys
My guy, you need to go get that old job back!
Funny you mention that...long shot, but I hit up my old boss last week. A birdy told me a management role on my old team came up. Lol. So we'll see.

Also, is that the hologram vinyl or the plain one? The one I have is the first pressing that has a spinning angel hologram when you play it.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny you mention that...long shot, but I hit up my old boss last week. A birdy told me a management role on my old team came up. Lol. So we'll see.

Also, is that the hologram vinyl or the plain one? The one I have is the first pressing that has a spinning angel hologram when you play it.
3F3D14F3-7308-4255-BD76-651629F433B6.png

Hologram what now?
So yeah, that’s not the one I got. Lol.
No Princess Leia pressing here yo.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
O
Oh wait. No, it's Lazaretto. I'm going up north Saturday if you want that and some others ;)

That's very cool, but I will hold off for now-
Trying to catch up on the current collection before it grows.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Making time to spin platters lately.
Nice surprise when I pulled this one out-
Wtf, is it stained?!?
No. It’s cool. Really cool.
437DE4D5-8F4B-4462-82A9-A8854E34F99B.jpeg

w_b

Yes really cool.

Got free tix to the Paradise Theater tour one night o so many years ago. I think the Brendan Byrne Arena. Went with no expectations and came away impressed enough we went back the next night too!
Great shows.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I may have posted this when I purchased it, but finally got to spinning it tonight.
C53D26FF-A6BE-4E01-AE2E-01AEEDD3B870.jpeg

C76B6473-CD25-4FE1-88BD-9C30E0521242.jpeg
(Yes, working on that wiring mess is a quarantine project)

The title track made my radar in The End of the F*^#%ing World series on Netflix. I knew the tune, but never heard this version (it’s great).

So I add it to my lp wish list, and figure I’ll track it down at some point.
A few weeks later, flipping through the $3 Stacks at my favorite platter shop- there it is!
I think I squealed a little.

Bringing dudeman my selected discs, I told him he made my day with this one. (Yes, got an odd look)
Spinning it tonight, did not disappoint.
1957533D-0867-43E8-B0CA-E0D8837B57AE.jpeg

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tonight’s dinner platter:
$1,000,000.00 Worth of Twang brought to you by Duane Eddy.
73715A9C-A8CA-450D-AAF3-C13482E36030.jpeg
I picked it up for $5, so that’s a pretty solid ROI.

TimBay

You all got any new music you dig? I always like a few tracks from every album from The Growlers. They took a hard turn into disco-esque grooves on their album from 2019. I probably dig the sound and mix here more than the song itself. Here's a pretty cool single from said album.

What gets you guys going on a song/record? The sound? Style? Lyrics? Cohesiveness?

Top Bottom