Anyone up for showing us around this weekend? - MD

A

amanda.hickey

My boyfriend and I are heading to MD for the first time this weekend and want to know if anyone can show us around. We're interested in a beginner-intermediate ride. Either Saturday or Sunday would work.

Thanks! Amanda

The Kalmyk

I don't understand...Are you asking someone from NJ to show you around MD:confused:...If this is the case a little more info is needed...A location would help

SpartaBard

Amanda,

We are doing a group ride at 9:00 on Saturday the 4th. There is a thread somewhere, I will try to find it. We will be meeting at the Saffins Pond Lot

Thread Link

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Be at the Saffin Pond lot @ 9:00 Saturday for a rugged but mellow intro to MD ride sponsored by Fogerson, Sparta Brad, Shaggz & VelocityBoy!

(somebody supply her with dircetions to Saffin)

SpartaBard

Be at the Saffin Pond lot @ 9:00 Saturday for a rugged but mellow intro to MD ride sponsored by Fogerson, Sparta Brad, Shaggz & VelocityBoy!

(somebody supply her with dircetions to Saffin)

Map for MD

The middle parking icon is where we are meeting. It is the second lot as you drive up Weldon Road.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Jeez, this might end up being one of the biggest group rides of the year the way it is going (at least biggest group ride in North Jersey).

Awesome...long range forecast look like a crisp fall morning...'looking like it might be one helluva group ride...

SpartaBard

Jeez, this might end up being one of the biggest group rides of the year the way it is going (at least biggest group ride in North Jersey).

Awesome...long range forecast look like a crisp fall morning...'looking like it might be one helluva group ride...

Between you me and shaggz, we can easily split the group up into two packs. Shaggz can take the slower group :cool:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Jeez, this might end up being one of the biggest group rides of the year the way it is going (at least biggest group ride in North Jersey)..
We had something like 26 at the Stephen's ride and I think there were over 90 people at the first intermediate group ride at JORBA Fest.

See you Saturday, Amanda.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
We had something like 26 at the Stephen's ride and I think there were over 90 people at the first intermediate group ride at JORBA Fest.

See you Saturday, Amanda.

I was talking MTBNJ ride...hmmm...don't think we're at 26, but that'd be cool.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Between you me and shaggz, we can easily split the group up into two packs. Shaggz can take the slower group :cool:

Can't I take the slower group???:D:D

We'll play it by ear depending on how many folks show and what everybody feels like doin'. If the turn out is large, it'll make sense to do warm up on the rail bed instead of the WMA (I don't want a ton of people hating me as I drag 'em through that first part of the WMA before they're warmed up) ...then when we hit Saffin those who are still feeling energetic can loop the WMA w/a nice cool down on the rail bed.

A

amanda.hickey

I just assumed people would know that I was speaking of Mahlon when I used MD. Sorry :)

Anyway I know I said that Saturday would work but after thinking about it... Sunday would be better because we'll have some running around to do that morning before heading up there as we're camping up there saturday and sunday.

If anyone is riding beginner-intermediate Sunday let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

Amanda

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
This may be better from the picnic area. Full outside loop anti-clockwise then those that can't climb stonegate just take the 2 track up to the top and regroup.Whatev..............

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I just assumed people would know that I was speaking of Mahlon when I used MD. Sorry :)

Anyway I know I said that Saturday would work but after thinking about it... Sunday would be better because we'll have some running around to do that morning before heading up there as we're camping up there saturday and sunday.

If anyone is riding beginner-intermediate Sunday let me know.

Sorry for the confusion.

Amanda

I *might* be able to get out for a ride Sunday AM.

My wife is helping with her woman's club 5k run Sunday AM...so I gotta' see if my stepson is gonna' be here to watch the kiddies. Even with that, I'd have to have the ride wrapped by 11-ish.

I'll corner everybody later tonight to see what is happening...and will let you know. If I don't get back to you sometime tomorrow, have Brad come and whop me up side the head:D

Top Bottom