Remainder of 2020 Cross and some road discussion

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That water/boat/dock/whatever thing could be pretty cool if done right. Better than the pinwheel.

Some of the most weird things are the most fun. I don't see it much different than flyovers, and flyovers can be pretty awesome and add a lot to the course.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just watched the men's race.

I think they put the pinwheel in just to screw up MVP and make him lose a few seconds when he goes over the bars, not that it made any difference whatsoever. But now we know his kryptonite.

Spoiler alert.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I renamed this because because.

Both the women’s and men’s races were great today.
The women’s race came down to a battle with the top 2 racers and KFC.
When MVP doesn’t show it really makes the race wide open.
Both were really exciting races.

Also, in unrelated to cross news, American national champ Ruth Winder won the Tour down Under. And the Men started today with a crit, which actually doesn’t count towards the overall GC, ? But still, the 2020 road season has started.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for posting this so it reminds me to download this weekend's races. I kind of wish it was as convenient as podcasts where I could subscribe to the races and they're ready when available instead of having to think about it and search it out.

In general that's pretty much why the woman's races have been so exciting. There's actual racing going on where you don't know from the first minute how it's going to end up. MVP can crash and it hardly affects his finish.

Hakimaki

You can subscribe to GCN Racing's Youtube channel. They've been offering a lot of cyclocross races with top notch commentary. All the down under races are there so far as well.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for posting this so it reminds me to download this weekend's races. I kind of wish it was as convenient as podcasts where I could subscribe to the races and they're ready when available instead of having to think about it and search it out.

In general that's pretty much why the woman's races have been so exciting. There's actual racing going on where you don't know from the first minute how it's going to end up. MVP can crash and it hardly affects his finish.

I pay for some live feeds so they send notifications. Flo TV and NBC sports gold. Now that I’ve had them, I don’t think I can live without them now. Especially Flo. There’s so much racing on there, it’s pretty worth it.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm still using a VPN. Old habits.
Nommay was the best women's race in a while. It's been the Worst-Alvarado show for a while. Nice to see KFC in there. Super bummer for *spoiler*. She was yoyoing a bit so might not have been in it at the end. Still, terrible to have that decided by a teeny piece of metal.
Haven't seen the men's race yet. Love MVDP but have been really impressed by Hermanns, Aerts, Sweeck et Al. Always fun when they get a chance to race in the sun, rather than in that loooong shadow.
Will check out the women's TDU. I don't usually pay attention this early. It's usually the Ewan show down there anyhoo.
GCN has been a great addition this year. Also, following Kerry Werner's YouTube vlog has been fun. He and Fahringer are having a great time over there. Way more fun than the Cannondale-bots. Though I miss the lil badger.
Hoogerheide next week!

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Haven't seen the men's race yet. Love MVDP but have been really impressed by Hermanns, Aerts, Sweeck et Al.

Eli and Pidcock have been fun to watch too. Pidcock is an amazing bike handler. He shreds some of those turns and downhills.

onetracker

Compton and Pidcock both had great rides at Cross Worlds!!

So are MVP’s rides believable? I want to believe the guy is super talented but I have been disappointed before. Also, his Dad got popped for strychnine. Not a hater, want to believe. Thoughts?

Top Bottom