What have you done to your bike today?

Leftymuk

SS for awhile......
1403B8E5-96F4-40E6-A1FD-51245CC15DC5.jpeg
A1E77F00-051A-45E9-85C5-8716D29B3E72.jpeg

mtbiker87

Project Peugeot, U-08 to U-08 gravel grinder trudges onwards ! Drivetrain is now installed. Decided to go old school and repurpose a set of Stronglight cranks off a somewhat newer UO-18 (mixte version of a U-08). I polished up the bearing cups, filled them with new ball bearings and grease, used some thread locker on the fixed cup since...RH thread on both sides ( crazy Frenchies) and put 'er back together. Wanted to go 1X, so set up the original 40 tooth inner ring on the spider, and tossed the rest of it into the parts bin. Used my spare 11spd shimano chain to aid in chain retension, cause NOBODY makes a narrow wide in 122mm BCD...cause yeah...major demand for that ! Tiagra 9spd rear mech I picked up from Iman29 is hanging from a wolftooth roadlink, which is hanging from a sunrace mech hanger..needed cause old girls like this had claw types. Cassette is a 12- 36 Shimano..cause 1x...and rider is OOS.
20200108_210237.jpg
20200108_210226.jpg

Wolfjon

No pictures but fixed my derailleur from where a branch took it out over the weekend.. Still getting a miss shift though from the 3-4 sprockets only the rest of them shift fine.. May need to figure this out when i have more time.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
No pictures but fixed my derailleur from where a branch took it out over the weekend.. Still getting a miss shift though from the 3-4 sprockets only the rest of them shift fine.. May need to figure this out when i have more time.
Hbd!
I would check to see if the hanger is bent

sundaydoug

Got the bike back Friday, first ride today 4 miles in on Sitting Bear trail, BANG! broke again

What was going on before it broke? Normal riding? Looks like it broke in different spots each time, but still the odds of that happening twice are crazy low. Unless maybe the chain is too short or you're just super unlucky and got big sticks caught in there twice?

Either way, you broke more derailleurs in 2 days than most people break in 10 years. I'd say you're good for a while!

Kaleidopete

What was going on before it broke? Normal riding? Looks like it broke in different spots each time, but still the odds of that happening twice are crazy low. Unless maybe the chain is too short or you're just super unlucky and got big sticks caught in there twice?

Either way, you broke more derailleurs in 2 days than most people break in 10 years. I'd say you're good for a while!
First break was just riding, second break was a 1/2 inch stick jumped into it. damn!

Top Bottom