Car-spotting thread

seen on the parkway northbound today shortly after 1600

ill leave this without further comment

WTF is that from your dashcam?! I think you can call the police and report that since you have a clear shot of his plate #. @Carson could weigh in on that.

This makes a great case for a dashcam my middle son just asked if he could get one now I may get one too. Kudos for keeping your cool I might have run him off the road after the 5th-6th time he did that.

WTF is that from your dashcam?! I think you can call the police and report that since you have a clear shot of his plate #. @Carson could weigh in on that.

This makes a great case for a dashcam my middle son just asked if he could get one now I may get one too. Kudos for keeping your cool I might have run him off the road after the 5th-6th time he did that.

i was seriously t hinking about just not hitting the brakes, i have it on camera (yes its from my dashcam, i got one in each of our cars after the 2nd hit and run i was involved in within a year)and just running into him since he was clearly blocking the whole road (at like 40MPH to boot) and seeing what the state troopers had to say, but i had stuff to do. I drive enough that it really takes a lot to rattle me on the road these days.

You handled yourself well. I was pissed off just watching the video.

NJSP would most likely tell you to sign your own complaints. Or they will and you get subpoenaed to court for a few hours. And how do you prove the registered owner was driving? Not worth the aggravation or time. Go about your day and dream of retiring out of this shithole state.

Last edited:

NJSP would most likely tell you to sign your own complaints. Or they will and you get subpoenaed to court for a few hours. And how do you prove the registered owner was driving? Not worth the aggravation or time. Go about your day and dream of retiring out of the shithole state.

idk of anything from NJSP to submit this kind of thing, but NJTranshit has a contact form and i have sent them video of bus drivers blowing stop signs and the ensuing near misses a couple times, IDK if it does anything but i havent seen any issues at that intersection since. But like you said, not worth my aggravation to have to go to court.

although @Carson, what would have happened if i hit him in this case? ticket to him? (obviously id share the video with the trooper on scene)

Also, why did you stay on the 3rd lane when there was no slower traffic? The people wants to know.

I didnt (for very long), as soon as someone comes up behind me i move over (before they catch me in case you were gonna nag about that too), i also dont change lanes needlessly

NJSP would most likely tell you to sign your own complaints. Or they will and you get subpoenaed to court for a few hours. And how do you prove the registered owner was driving? Not worth the aggravation or time. Go about your day and dream of retiring out of the shithole state.

Thats kinda what I thought since just like blowing thru the toll plaza without an EZ pass, they cant prove who was driving. Unless there was an actual accident which is probably not worth it more for safety and health reasons than damage to the car. and who knows if the person in the car is on something and has a weapon like a bat or whatever.

My only other thought was what if the guy was first seen on the video with his window rolled down giving the finger or something, and then pulled a move like that? Does that make it different to get the guy a ticket/arrested after the fact? This is more to collect intel for myself and my two teenage drivers so they keep things in perspective.

In the end @shrpshtr325 did the right thing and stayed cool, better than I might have for sure.

I didnt mean to turn this into a police blog but it's good info to know. maybe we need to move this part of the discussion to @Carson blog.

Doesn't look like you are driving the challenger - are you? How did it start??

no challenger is parked till the salt is off the roads :( I was driving the truck

what you see is what happened, as i was passing that little SUV he came up behind me, like all the way up, i could only see his roof over the tailgate close, and then he forced his way into the other lane to go around me as you see on the video. I was going plenty fast enough for the parkway too (i mean, clearly not in his mind, but for most people)

as you mentioned the crash isnt worth it in the long run.

seen on the parkway northbound today shortly after 1600

ill leave this without further comment

So you're one of those left lane drivers?

Get this for next time.
bea0ff587c6d582191a841061feda77c.jpg

So you're one of those left lane drivers?

Get this for next time.
bea0ff587c6d582191a841061feda77c.jpg
i like that idea :p

left lane drivers? did you watch the same video? i was passing someone who had no business in the express lanes, this guy practically ran the other car off the road to go around me before i could move back over :/

You handled yourself well. Like others I was pissed just looking at his idiotic behavior. One day Smokey will nail him.

I sent Bills video to my BIL who is a trooper....he echo'd what @Carson said how it would be alot of your personal time in court. So please...DIAL XYZ TO ALERT US OF AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS.......THEN WATCH AS WE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT!

I sent Bills video to my BIL who is a trooper....he echo'd what @Carson said how it would be alot of your personal time in court. So please...DIAL XYZ TO ALERT US OF AGGRESSIVE DRIVERS.......THEN WATCH AS WE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT!

1000%. Don't call...you'll only be frustrated with the outcome. Or at least be realistic about the outcome. If the cop doesn't find him and observe a violation himself, ain't nothing going to happen.

idk of anything from NJSP to submit this kind of thing, but NJTranshit has a contact form and i have sent them video of bus drivers blowing stop signs and the ensuing near misses a couple times, IDK if it does anything but i havent seen any issues at that intersection since. But like you said, not worth my aggravation to have to go to court.

although @Carson, what would have happened if i hit him in this case? ticket to him? (obviously id share the video with the trooper on scene)

This gets VERY complex, very quickly.

Did you intentionally run into the back of him? You just committed an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. I can't even have purposeful vehicle contact action during a pursuit unless I'm in a deadly force situation.

If you state you purposely did NOT hit your brakes on the 10th time he break-checked you, then you recklessly caused a collision, which is assault by auto and a crime.

Even if you convince the Trooper you just couldn't stop in time, you at all times need to operate your vehicle safely and be able to stop. So it might be careless driving.

Bottom line is it's a very slipperly slope and it will be up to the Trooper on scene to interpret the video and driver statements. I can't imagine in this specific case you'd have an issue with the video, but you never know. Not worth the gamble of a $20,000 attorney bill to defend yourself from a criminal charge.

Thats kinda what I thought since just like blowing thru the toll plaza without an EZ pass, they cant prove who was driving. Unless there was an actual accident which is probably not worth it more for safety and health reasons than damage to the car. and who knows if the person in the car is on something and has a weapon like a bat or whatever.

My only other thought was what if the guy was first seen on the video with his window rolled down giving the finger or something, and then pulled a move like that? Does that make it different to get the guy a ticket/arrested after the fact? This is more to collect intel for myself and my two teenage drivers so they keep things in perspective.

In the end @shrpshtr325 did the right thing and stayed cool, better than I might have for sure.

I didnt mean to turn this into a police blog but it's good info to know. maybe we need to move this part of the discussion to @Carson blog.

Totally different. Knowingly failing to pay a toll is a theft of services and a criminal offense. And the Turnpike Authority can bill the registered owner for the unpaid toll regardless of who was operating the vehicle (actually the registered user of the EZ pass tag, not the car owner), which was specified in the user agreement of your EZ pass account.

There are a few statutes that allow summonses to be issued to the owner of a vehicle without proof of operation (parking offenses, leaving the scene of an accident, passing a stopped school bus), but then the court still has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt who was operating for conviction.

Back
Top Bottom