Interestign Park tool...

BiknBen

Looks like something I do already with my hands

I know...but some tire rims combos are a real bear. When installing my hutch Pythons, I nearly gave up. I couldn't get the bead entirely in the rim hook with my hands. I pumped them up to 60lbs or so and they still didn't seat. I eventually left them and began working on something else. Then each tire Popped into place and scared the sh!t out of me.

BTW, I was fondling your frame at Halter's the other night. Dhat is one dirty girl you got there. :)

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
That could be a real life saver if you have to mount tubless tires with only a pump. I have become quite the pro in mounting tubless tires without a compressor.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
parktool should put a description of that tool that guy was giving out at jorbafest. its sitting in my car and i still have no clue what it is. hahah.

pinkshirtphotos

thats dumb, i set my tires how i set tires on a car. remove valve stem and pump till they pop. once set just drop the pressure. even if it says max pressure 60lbs 100lbs wont destroy the tire if its only 2 seconds.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
thats dumb, i set my tires how i set tires on a car. remove valve stem and pump till they pop.

I would normally agree with this, as it's how I usually seat tires. But maybe we should ask Chuck-E-Chillout how I blew his tubeless tire off his wheel and covered half the shop in Stan's doing just that:D

Now I go to about 50psi and if it doesn't seat, I use that tool.

-Jim.

Wobbegong

Mine did the same thing when it was waiting for me there. Of course, it's really the fault of the dirty bastards who just can't keep their hands to themselves.:rolleyes:

I'm guilty, what can I say....:D

I didnt get a chance to fondle Spencers new ride, Im getting slow in my old age.

olegbabich

That could be a real life saver if you have to mount tubless tires with only a pump. I have become quite the pro in mounting tubless tires without a compressor.

How do you pump up tubeless without a compressor? I just had a flat and couldn’t do it, so I walked back for 6 miles. That was no fun!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
How do you pump up tubeless without a compressor? I just had a flat and couldn’t do it, so I walked back for 6 miles. That was no fun!

You will need to pop the bead to the center all the way around on both sides.

You will need to hold the wheel off the ground too.

It can be done but in general I would carry a tube and fuss with it at home next time.

j-

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That tool is not new. It's been around for at least 25 years - I remember using it on beach cruiser tires when I was 16. You know big tires, wide rims, low pressure - hmmm sounds like my mt bike.

Top Bottom