What's your favorite Ride?

What's your favorite ride?

• Total voters

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
OK, so I am bored at work again. What's your favorite ride from the ones listed and why? I only posted places that I personally know so I can get the benefit of others' experiences.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ofcourse you mom, then six mile, then sourlands, maybe only because I don't get to any place else, but 6 mile is mighty nice.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I would change from Mooch to Blue if it were available.

Mahlon Dickerson is a pretty awesome park to not be listed.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
My intention....

Blue Mt, or does it have to be in NJ?

was to ask only from places I had ridden enough so that I could compare my experience with others - bet hey, any input is good input. Of course, the most important part is the 'why' - Why is a particular place your favorite? Flow, super-tech vs. buff and rolling, views, etc....

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
NJ_18774.gif

BiknBen

Is the Sourlands even worthy to be on the same list?

The loop is small. You struggle to get up a climb and then bounce down the other side. :whoopdedo

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Blue is truly a Mountain bike park. The trials are built with mountain biking as the primary focus. I think what makes Blue the most memorable is the huge rock faces you are constantly going over. Where you see a trail elsewhere sometimes hit and go over a huge boulder, Blue is that half of the time. They also seemed to incorporate flow somehow, there are just sections where you flow right into and through huge rock sections. Blue changed my perspective of parks in the area. If you go to a place like Mooch in the fall when all the leaves are off the tree and look around you will see tons of the huge boulders that are off trail, and the trails miss these. It seems as if the designers of Blue looked at every boulder in that section of woods and then devised a trail that could hit all of them. I have to imagine that the trailbuilders at Blue are given a lot of leeway with whatever agency controls the park. Because the place is absolutely packed with trail. There are also a lot of sections where you can take alternate paths of varying difficulty and coolness.

Most of the huge features are well built to let you roll in and out of it, so the place does a decent job of being safe while looking and feeling very "extreme."

I would say that if you can ride and enjoy Sourlands, you will love Blue.

I've acquired all my worst mtb injuries there and i still love it.

Last edited:

Eileen

Ringwood :getsome:

..but after last weekend I remembered how much fun Jungle Habitat can be so I'll definitely be riding there more often!!!

J-Dro

I can't pick 1 favorite trail. It totally depends on what itch needs scratching that day. Sometimes an all day epic at Ringwood is just the key. Some days a speedy SS ride at 6MR. Some days the boulder playgrounds at Sourlands. I need my variety. Well, except for your Mom, that's any day.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Is the Sourlands even worthy to be on the same list?

The loop is small. You struggle to get up a climb and then bounce down the other side. :whoopdedo

I personally am not a huge fan of Sourlands, but I put it up there to see what others thought....y'know keeping an open mind, expanding my horizons:

Dante: Hey, whatcha rent? "Best of Both Worlds?"
Randall: Beautiful chicks with d**ks that put mine to shame.
Dante: And you rented this?
Randall: Hey, I like to expand my horizons.

Top Bottom