Union County Freeholders

Piston Honda

I've posted this idea before, but I think you need to stage some type of legal, nonviolent resistance. Get a large group of cyclists together, and do a road ride in a high traffic area. Everyone needs to be calm, follow all of the rules of the road, ride single file, have bells on their bikes, etc. Ride around the center of town, making lots of left turns or something. The goal is to disrupt traffic and be annoying, but in a totally legal and nonviolent way. You need to all wear shirts that say something like "Wouldn't it be better if we were in the woods?" Do this every Friday afternoon during rush hour. Of course people are going to hate you, but they already hate you for wanting to ride bicycles.
I'm in. Now we're two.

When we riding?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in. Now we're two.

I think we need a bigger group for this to work. We also need t-shirts or signs or something to indicate why we are doing this. Also, IANAL or a cop, but we should maybe consult with one. I assume this is legal if we follow all of the rules of the road, but who knows. I would also recommend filming with a gopro the entire time, as it will likely get ugly.

When we riding?

More importantly, where are we riding. It should be in an area that sees lots of car traffic, and is near a park that we are not allowed to ride in. I don't know anything about any towns in Union or Essex County.

Mathers

We could ride from South Mountain reservation ( Essex) to Watchung (union) and both parks are not MTB friendly. Bringing this to the attention of someone like NJ12 or NJ.com would help.
This would need be well orgainzed to get the point accross.

Xler8

Riding might not be the better path forward. A walk or march with a bike might be less confrontational. That will allow people to get the point across without technically breaking any rules.

The_Mountainside_Menace

One of my friends that I went to grade school with was the democratic campaign manager. I've been annoyingly plugging the need for more outdoor recreation in Union county and the need to expand to all recreation groups. Hell, I see people hauling their bouldering pads into areas of Watchung now. Unfortunately, it is a lot of the same faces, but the vote might be there with Hudak as chairman. I know he was on board.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
All's we can do is hold their feet to the fire.

The Parks Dept knows they should have mtb trails in their parks, unfortunately the Freeholders are too corrupt to make sound decisions.

It's cute that they put out a document with butterfly's around it doe.

We Want Mountain Bike Trails.
Thank you.

Xler8

Is that supposed to be some kind of tease? The only thoughts they accept are those that have nothing to do with inclusion of other user groups.

The fine print should say - Your thoughts are welcome but if they include the “b” word, we will outright dismiss it so don’t even think about it.

goodvibe

It's a trap
giphy.gif

Top Bottom