The new Metallica record...your thoughts...

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
cryptopsys new singer suuuuuucks. i dont think they have recorded with him but he has no vocal range like the original guy. speaking of good metal shows. i seen carcass, suffocation, necrophagist, dying fetus and aborted play 2 weeks ago. amazing show.

walter

Fourth Party
BIG Dying Fetus fan. Even though that show was like 2 minutes from my house and I get into that place for free, I couldnt make it

walter

Fourth Party
I'm looking forward to December, Suicidal Tendencies, Madball and Billy Club Sandwich. Should be a hoot.

I still havent heard any of the new Metallica and I don't care to.

Engignar

I picked up the album out of good faith towards the band...I have been listening to the old stuff for so many years I figured they had earned a ten dollar trial of the new stuff. While Death Magnetic has nothing on Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets, is it really fair to expect it to? It is hard edged and fast, so although the songwriting leaves something to be desired it got my head banging.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm looking forward to December, Suicidal Tendencies, Madball and Billy Club Sandwich
A bad memory of ST was making a mixed CD for a friend and accidentally burning I Saw Your Mommy instead of Institutionalized and telling her why the song is so funny. "It's hysterical, he just keeps saying I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead! It's hysterical, it's a comeback, but hysterical, he's saying your mommy is dead!"

And then I realized her mom died the previous year. Oh man.

Mike679

cryptopsys new singer suuuuuucks. i dont think they have recorded with him but he has no vocal range like the original guy. speaking of good metal shows. i seen carcass, suffocation, necrophagist, dying fetus and aborted play 2 weeks ago. amazing show.

Yeah, agreed about Cryptopsy's new singer and new music for that matter (heard some demos somwhere online). Not sure what happened there. They need to bring back Lord Worm on vocals. Love the one singer/guitar player for Dying Fetus. Cookie monster vocals perfected.

Wait a minute - what about the strictly metal thread? Think I'll post something there to get that thread back up.

mwlikesbikes

A bad memory of ST was making a mixed CD for a friend and accidentally burning I Saw Your Mommy instead of Institutionalized and telling her why the song is so funny. "It's hysterical, he just keeps saying I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead! It's hysterical, it's a comeback, but hysterical, he's saying your mommy is dead!"

And then I realized her mom died the previous year. Oh man.

All I wanted was a Pepsi! Just a Pepsi! And she wouldn't give it to me!!!

I'm gonna have to dig that tape out now!

sixseven

So the new Metallica dwindles into reveries of old ST. Old people like me wishing for the past.
I would say (again)this record is a turd, and this thread should be nuked and capped.
Another idol falls and no one hears it.

Wobbegong

Yeah, agreed about Cryptopsy's new singer and new music for that matter (heard some demos somwhere online). Not sure what happened there. They need to bring back Lord Worm on vocals.

I havent heard this new singer. I'll have to hear whats going on with him. I've been listening to older albums like And Then You'll Beg , None So Vile and Whisper Supremacy.

Top Bottom