Union County Freeholders

Shorepoints

Correct. Mirabella voted positively on MTB. The other candidates are all unknown as they weren't serving during the Watchung vote in May of 2017. Feel free to contact them individually and solicit their stance. Report back here if you get answers. I will say here that we (JORBA Union County) have not been silent since then. We have been in regular communication with UC Parks and an alternative site is under consideration. An MTB-friendly Freeholder Board will be critical to following through on this effort.

TKR

friendly reminder - 3 UC Freeholders seats are up on Nov 5. 2 Freeholders who voted against in May 17 are on the ballot - Kowalski & Granados.1572212316783.png

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Maybe Jeff Lenosky should be giving mtbs to Rahway, Elizabeth and Plainfield. ?

Hilltop donates about 200 bikes a year to the Plainfield Boys and Girls Club between all 4 NJ shops. Union County hates us for it. The only thing worse to a Republican than us on bikes, is black kids on bikes. At least all the people holding back progress in this country will be dead in a few years.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Hilltop donates about 200 bikes a year to the Plainfield Boys and Girls Club between all 4 NJ shops. Union County hates us for it. The only thing worse to a Republican than us on bikes, is black kids on bikes. At least all the people holding back progress in this country will be dead in a few years.
When I worked in Westfield one of my resident coworkers used to show me the ridiculous NIMBY posts from the town Facebook group. One post was calling down everything short of execution on some “scofflaws“ riding bikes in the reservation. The photo they posted was literally some 12 year olds just being kids and riding their bikes.

thegock

our so few Republican countys up here promote open space, mtbing and guns amongst this waste of blue sea state, strange...

So @mattybfat is on track. The #uc is run by Democrats forever, but it's the ruling class who is telling them what song to dance to. The NIMBYs, horse owners and hatter's tell them what laws they want.

Of course, there's an answer for that, too.

IMG_20191026_091320.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've posted this idea before, but I think you need to stage some type of legal, nonviolent resistance. Get a large group of cyclists together, and do a road ride in a high traffic area. Everyone needs to be calm, follow all of the rules of the road, ride single file, have bells on their bikes, etc. Ride around the center of town, making lots of left turns or something. The goal is to disrupt traffic and be annoying, but in a totally legal and nonviolent way. You need to all wear shirts that say something like "Wouldn't it be better if we were in the woods?" Do this every Friday afternoon during rush hour. Of course people are going to hate you, but they already hate you for wanting to ride bicycles.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I've posted this idea before, but I think you need to stage some type of legal, nonviolent resistance. Get a large group of cyclists together, and do a road ride in a high traffic area. Everyone needs to be calm, follow all of the rules of the road, ride single file, have bells on their bikes, etc. Ride around the center of town, making lots of left turns or something. The goal is to disrupt traffic and be annoying, but in a totally legal and nonviolent way. You need to all wear shirts that say something like "Wouldn't it be better if we were in the woods?" Do this every Friday afternoon during rush hour. Of course people are going to hate you, but they already hate you for wanting to ride bicycles.

Oh...

TheGerd

Sorta in the same way, I’ve thought that having a large group walk their bikes through the trails when some event is happening would make a statement.

stilluf

Not sure what race has to do with it, but the political opposition to MTB in Union County is all from Democrats. Same with Essex County.

Top Bottom