Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
There are a few random blue spray paint marking on rocks along the trail, plus some home-made blue plastic circles nailed to trees (besides the official Somerset County ones). I have no idea who put those up (and neither do the Rangers but they didn't mind them). Either of those methods would be fine, just don't over do it.

OK there's a couple of places about 2/3 in where I keep getting turned around and lose the trail. And another closer to the end

rick81721

Lothar
I was thinking something like this

image046.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There were a large, dead tree down that we couldn't move today.
On the old trail (ridge trail?), before the turn down three amigos along front of the bouldering area.
Might even be before the first turn down back to the rock pile.

There is a small one in the middle of new shoes - near the turn to start the switchbacks.

i'm having a brain fart on the other. it was small enough to ride over, even tho i got stuck.....

that archway tree north of the pipeline on montezumas fell farther down - I tried to drop it on Bill, but he was too quick.
we bent it out of the way. (he took a pic)

the one that pierced the boardwalk is gone, and the boards replaced. (thank you)

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Anyone been since the wind and rain event(s)? Anything need cleaning up before mid-Nov TM day?

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone been since the wind and rain event(s)? Anything need cleaning up before mid-Nov TM day?

Primo other than tons of leaves. Only tree down I saw was on a short boardwalk between markers 10 and 9 - can be ridden but it's a weird angle and right before a sharp left turn over big roots. Can be taken out with a hand saw

cbiker

Conditions are still really good out there the amount of hikers that place gets now is starting to become irritating tho.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Conditions are still really good out there the amount of hikers that place gets now is starting to become irritating tho.
Only way to avoid them is super early on weekends or anytime on weekdays. It is annoying but don't let it get to you and be nice! User group relation are good there, don't wanna ruin them.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions