Soundz Like Riding Short Time Many Time

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hit 30s last night and I was only prepared for upper 40s. Picked up some bulky fleece things at a gift shop in Wilmington and strapped them to the top of my rear bag. Even with that there were times I feared for my life. It felt like a sick joke when I found the last 30 miles stretch was one of those trails that are not really trails. Only choice to bivy up and try to stay warm or keep going. Opted for latter and it look 2-3hrs longer than I thought it would. 26.5 hrs riding last days on 3hrs of sleep. Popped 5 spokes, bike doesn’t shift, bags held on by straps and ties, everything on bike is creaking. My knees may never recover. I think it was probably worth it.

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The alternate added 7-8 miles with bunch of climbing. The locals seem to be taking the river, so I probably made a mistake there in terms of time and energy. The 1st bypass across Sacanda River saves a bunch of time if you opt for it. My bike started to float away there and I had to secure it by grabbing the chainstay.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The alternate added 7-8 miles with bunch of climbing. The locals seem to be taking the river, so I probably made a mistake there in terms of time and energy
Not sure about that, the MFer behind you did the river, and then came to a complete standstill. Like moved slowly after the crossing, then not at all.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure about that, the MFer behind you did the river, and then came to a complete standstill. Like moved slowly after the crossing, then not at all.

He is local and has done it 3x already. He told me river was faster but I didn’t totally understand him at the time. He took the first bypass so not shy about taking the shorter way. I think the section after the hike bike is pretty ridable dirt roads. He is also 63 yrs old. 8miles on the road adds extra ~1hr. So maybe it’s a wash.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
0DB7C15D-FF85-4944-970E-60D434296BCB.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
it is not a wood burl.
definitely a fungus among us.

there are some huge burls in there tho.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I saw the biggest burl yesterday at Wild Cat while watching @MaxiBSplat going Polyphemus on a rotten tree...

That what I oodled over while she were talking if you looked up at Tim it was to the upper left of him maybe 30 yards away. There is a bigger one by the dam and one on Waterloo road. I check on them after every big storm chain saw at the ready to harvest them before the go to rot

Top Bottom