GT Peace?

pjrohr

Anyone have experience or an opinion? Performance has what appears to be a great deal...this isn't the 9er, this is the older 26" SS with EBB. Seems like a decent build for less than $500. Thanks.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone have experience or an opinion? Performance has what appears to be a great deal...this isn't the 9er, this is the older 26" SS with EBB. Seems like a decent build for less than $500. Thanks.

i've been looking at this ride too - if the frame is built anything like my GT chucker frame, it'll be solid. i've been eyeing the peace 9er for a singlespeed. you might go through components, but that's what they are for. you couldn't get some frames for that... so for a full build, i'd say its a bargain...

problem is - what do you pay in shipping? will it probably come out closer to $600 or $650? if that's the case - you could probably pick up a mary or something from a local shop for a higher price that is in the same ballpark...

al415

Banned
The only frame I ever broke was a GT Zaskar. It failed on the top-tube, a few inches from the seat-tube. Having said that, it was always a fun frame. I think it's a decent price for a decent build. But if I were shopping in the $500 range for an SS, I'd be looking at used bikes on craigslist/ebay etc. I've seen plenty of bikes that started life in the $1200-$1800 range selling for $500 or so on those sites... :)

pjrohr

i've been looking at this ride too - if the frame is built anything like my GT chucker frame, it'll be solid. i've been eyeing the peace 9er for a singlespeed. you might go through components, but that's what they are for. you couldn't get some frames for that... so for a full build, i'd say its a bargain...

problem is - what do you pay in shipping? will it probably come out closer to $600 or $650? if that's the case - you could probably pick up a mary or something from a local shop for a higher price that is in the same ballpark...

Actually, shipping was better than I thought. $55, which was less than the $75 I got off with the 15% off coupon. All in it was $480, ordered Tuesday, arriving today! In the saddle this weekend.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Actually, shipping was better than I thought. $55, which was less than the $75 I got off with the 15% off coupon. All in it was $480, ordered Tuesday, arriving today! In the saddle this weekend.

rock on. now you owe us a ride report and pics.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
one of the guys I ride with has a peace 9r it rides down at allaire real nice looks nice all in all a nice 29'er SS.good luck with it...

Top Bottom