Jungle Habitat, Who's In?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Jungle Habitat Race is Sunday Sep 21. This is a cool place with trails built by mountain bikers for mountain bikers. What more could you ask from a race? This is a great race IF ......

1. You are a mountain biker looking to race on real mountain bike trails, with narrow single-track.
2. You are a mountain biker that likes :getsome::puke::D:drooling::eek::hitsfan::scared:::D
3. You are a mountain biker that wished you could use up all 8 emotions allowed.
4.. You are a mountain biker who belongs in a zoo.
5.. You are a mounatin biker looking to go to the coolest place Sunday.

SO WHO'S IN ?

;-)

I'll be there! Not sure how I feel about this place, but hoping for the best :)

I am in! I enjoyed this course last year. I thought it was a good change of pace from a lot of the other courses. Good, solid trails that were made by bikers for bikers.

I'm not ready to race yet, but I'm hoping Moose and I can sneak up there and hang w/y'all for a bit for a few hours.

Tim

I'm in!
I plan to have all the following emotions
:D:p:confused::cool::rofl::getsome: and of course :drooling:

i'll be there taking pictures.
i'm thinking of putting up a sign like 100 feet from where i'm going to be, which is probably going to be at a small jump. the sign would let people know to show off :D
or as a warning of my flash?
does flash photography bother anyone racing? i haven't had anyone really complain that it messes them up or yell at me yet :)

would the sign distract people and slow them down to read it?
i don't want to interfere.

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD,
JUMP IT!

would the sign distract people and slow them down to read it? i don't want to interfere.

I've never heard of it being a distraction. You can take my pic anytime you want.

IMO, more important than the sign of warning is a sign of where to get the resultant photos. Racers always come back here after the race asking who such and such was taking pictures. I recommend putting a sign near the start/finish that lets people know who you are and where to go to see the pics.

I've never heard of it being a distraction. You can take my pic anytime you want.

IMO, more important than the sign of warning is a sign of where to get the resultant photos. Racers always come back here after the race asking who such and such was taking pictures. I recommend putting a sign near the start/finish that lets people know who you are and where to go to see the pics.

good idea.
i'll make sure nate brings a pile of business cards and another sign or something. we'll be working together at this event.

I'll be at the Giants game but HAVE FUN and good luck everyone!

Im in. My kind of place, nasty as hell. I took a pre-ride last Saturday and that new section of single track is so tight I hit my bars a couple time. Im sure it will be better by the race, but it was so off camber for so long, I was getting sea sick, hahahahaha

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD,
JUMP IT!

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD, $5 if you mow down the camera man!

So you are going to camp out there? We still have to find a good spot for Nate since he is not going to have a chance to pre-ride the course. Nate's opinion is that the faster moving people are, the better the pics will be. So any suggestions on a good photo spot would be helpful. I told him he should take a few in the tunnel, with his super flashes going they should look pretty sweet.

I'm in, I ride that place at least once a week, it's my favorite ride.

I'm actually going today after work, is the course marked yet & if not, can someone tell me which way you guys are running it & I can probably figure out the rest.

Back
Top Bottom