Jungle Habitat, Who's In?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Jungle Habitat Race is Sunday Sep 21. This is a cool place with trails built by mountain bikers for mountain bikers. What more could you ask from a race? This is a great race IF ......

1. You are a mountain biker looking to race on real mountain bike trails, with narrow single-track.
2. You are a mountain biker that likes :getsome::puke::D:drooling::eek::hitsfan::scared:::D
3. You are a mountain biker that wished you could use up all 8 emotions allowed.
4.. You are a mountain biker who belongs in a zoo.
5.. You are a mounatin biker looking to go to the coolest place Sunday.

SO WHO'S IN ?

;-)

Mare

I'll be there! Not sure how I feel about this place, but hoping for the best :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am in! I enjoyed this course last year. I thought it was a good change of pace from a lot of the other courses. Good, solid trails that were made by bikers for bikers.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I'm not ready to race yet, but I'm hoping Moose and I can sneak up there and hang w/y'all for a bit for a few hours.

Tim

BiknBen

I'm in!
I plan to have all the following emotions
:D:p:confused::cool::rofl::getsome: and of course :drooling:

gtluke

The Moped
i'll be there taking pictures.
i'm thinking of putting up a sign like 100 feet from where i'm going to be, which is probably going to be at a small jump. the sign would let people know to show off :D
or as a warning of my flash?
does flash photography bother anyone racing? i haven't had anyone really complain that it messes them up or yell at me yet :)

would the sign distract people and slow them down to read it?
i don't want to interfere.

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD,
JUMP IT!

BiknBen

would the sign distract people and slow them down to read it? i don't want to interfere.

I've never heard of it being a distraction. You can take my pic anytime you want.

IMO, more important than the sign of warning is a sign of where to get the resultant photos. Racers always come back here after the race asking who such and such was taking pictures. I recommend putting a sign near the start/finish that lets people know who you are and where to go to see the pics.

gtluke

The Moped
I've never heard of it being a distraction. You can take my pic anytime you want.

IMO, more important than the sign of warning is a sign of where to get the resultant photos. Racers always come back here after the race asking who such and such was taking pictures. I recommend putting a sign near the start/finish that lets people know who you are and where to go to see the pics.

good idea.
i'll make sure nate brings a pile of business cards and another sign or something. we'll be working together at this event.

S

Shar0se

I'll be at the Giants game but HAVE FUN and good luck everyone!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Im in. My kind of place, nasty as hell. I took a pre-ride last Saturday and that new section of single track is so tight I hit my bars a couple time. Im sure it will be better by the race, but it was so off camber for so long, I was getting sea sick, hahahahaha

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD,
JUMP IT!

PHOTO SPOT AHEAD, $5 if you mow down the camera man!

So you are going to camp out there? We still have to find a good spot for Nate since he is not going to have a chance to pre-ride the course. Nate's opinion is that the faster moving people are, the better the pics will be. So any suggestions on a good photo spot would be helpful. I told him he should take a few in the tunnel, with his super flashes going they should look pretty sweet.

NJMX835

I'm in, I ride that place at least once a week, it's my favorite ride.

I'm actually going today after work, is the course marked yet & if not, can someone tell me which way you guys are running it & I can probably figure out the rest.

Top Bottom