Eagle GX Cassette wear

Dave02

My Eagle GX cassette (XG-1275) is 4 months old, 450 miles. This is from a new bike so the chain has the same mileage.
From the picture, it appears that either the chain is stretched or the cassette worn.
The chain isn’t even close to .5% stretch on my Park CC-3.2indicator.
The 50T in this cassette is aluminum.
Is the cassette worn? Is this normal while the chain is still ok?
What’s the expected life of this cassette?
Comments?
eagle-1.jpg
eagle-2.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
id have to check mine for clearance, but i have almost 1400 miles on my fuel with no signs of wear on the cassette. My stache with over 900 miles and no problems, the chains dont seem to last all that long, but the cassette is holding up fine.

Mathers

id have to check mine for clearance, but i have almost 1400 miles on my fuel with no signs of wear on the cassette. My stache with over 900 miles and no problems, the chains dont seem to last all that long, but the cassette is holding up fine.
How often you replace your chain?

Dave02

Thanks- It’s interesting that you called out the B screw. It was set per the gauge that came with the RD, however I just increased the gap because if I downshift 3 or 4 gears quickly to 1st, the chain gets pinched between the upper jockey wheel and the cassette. I guess the missing part is “properly” set up :)
I see damage at the trailing edge of the teeth that appear to be from the jockey wheel bashing the chain into the cassette (bad B setting)- by why would the chain be sitting high on the teeth?

Dave02

The bike (Trek Fuel EX8) is just 4 months old- about 450 miles.
The chain isn’t even close to .5% stretch on my Park CC-3.2 indicator.
On my previous bike I got about 700 miles on a chain.
I expect less with this 12 speed due to the really bad chain line.
When it's time- I'll replace the chain with KMC.

Mathers

Thanks- It’s interesting that you called out the B screw. It was set per the gauge that came with the RD, however I just increased the gap because if I downshift 3 or 4 gears quickly to 1st, the chain gets pinched between the upper jockey wheel and the cassette. I guess the missing part is “properly” set up :)
I see damage at the trailing edge of the teeth that appear to be from the jockey wheel bashing the chain into the cassette (bad B setting)- by why would the chain be sitting high on the teeth?
Set it under sag if you have a FS ?

Top Bottom