Advice needed... is this a crack?

phillychris498

It depends how it was hit, lot of stuff could have stopped the impact but didn't (pedals, cranks, chainring). We'll never know.
Too little too late!

I don’t think a bash guard would have saved it. I timed my bunny hop wrong and the weight came down on the crack (of course). Funny enough, I had a bash guard in my hand to buy at the shop the day before the infamous crack ride, but put in back on the shelf.

phillychris498

I tested fate and rode Sterling today on the cracked frame. No drops, no gaps, no crazy step ups, but a fun ride was ridden with a good group. I’m happy to say that the frame is no more broken now than it was before we started, and that we somehow avoided the downpour.

rick81721

Lothar
This thread make me want a steel bike made out of recycled battle ships

bicycle-path-artwork-stone-fred-flintstones-bike-cycle-route-ncn7-JG55B3.jpg

Dingo

Too little too late!

I don’t think a bash guard would have saved it. I timed my bunny hop wrong and the weight came down on the crack (of course). Funny enough, I had a bash guard in my hand to buy at the shop the day before the infamous crack ride, but put in back on the shelf.
Oh! so now the true story is told.

You tried to have us believe and feel bad for your new bike that the frame just magically had a crack just riding along.

Reactions: w_b

phillychris498

Oh! so now the true story is told.

You tried to have us believe and feel bad for your new bike that the frame just magically had a crack just riding along.
I cracked the frame mountain biking, and not on anything above my pay grade. There wasn’t a crash involved where I fucked myself up so I actually did a full ride on the bike without even knowing there was a crack in the frame.

I was bitching from being in shock that a two week old bike, that I had spent months buying parts for and saving up on, already needed a part replaced that I hadn’t ever needed to replace before. It broke on a mistake that I’ve made before too. I just didn’t expect a frame to crack from that.

Dingo

I cracked the frame mountain biking, and not on anything above my pay grade. There wasn’t a crash involved where I fucked myself up so I actually did a full ride on the bike without even knowing there was a crack in the frame.

I was bitching from being in shock that a two week old bike, that I had spent months buying parts for and saving up on, already needed a part replaced that I hadn’t ever needed to replace before. It broke on a mistake that I’ve made before too. I just didn’t expect a frame to crack from that.
easy there.... just busting you nads. Sucks but chit happens. Just like my rear derailleur was yanked off by a stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillychris498

QUOTE="phillychris498, post: 920413, member: 9843"]I cracked the frame mountain biking, and not on anything above my pay grade. There wasn’t a crash involved where I fucked myself up so I actually did a full ride on the bike without even knowing there was a crack in the frame.

easy there.... just busting you nads. Sucks but chit happens. Just like my rear derailleur was yanked off by a stick.[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell over the forum.. I had snapped the crown of forks, broken derailleurs and derailleur hangers, dropper posts, wheel sets, etc... it sucks that every part of a mountain bike is subject to break from... mountain biking.

ilnadi

it's Friday, so what the heck..

no son, THIS is a crack (attached as thumbnail for those of you with self-control)
butt_crack_11.jpg

Top Bottom